Budget 21-30k PC upgrade for 30 K

naive_harry

Disciple
30K Budget to upgrade to i5 ivy bridge.

Q: What is your budget?
30 K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
i5 750
P55 UD3 gigabyte motherboard
GTX 680
4 GB corsair xms 2
Corsair power supply VX 550
CM 690 Advanced

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor
Speakers
keyboard mouse
GTX 680
Corsair power supply VX 550
Cabinet

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU
Motherboard
RAM

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
It will be the same for a long long time

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Parklane Hyderabad

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Progragmming,compiling n all
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
I like Intel, Corsair, Asus, and Asrock

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
All of them

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
NO

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8 64 bit

I have to buy this next week

Thank you

I do not see any reason to upgrade the CPU and mobo, the 1st gen i5 should be good enough for 1080p. Just increase RAM to 8GB

Hi Vivek,
There is something wrong with my motherboard and I have to buy a new one, so I thought why invest again in 1156 socket and also PCI X 2.0 is a bottleneck for my card if only by a few fps.
My mobo/cpu are 2.5 yrs old and I think its time to upgrade before i start facing weird issues n all.

I just want to get the most out of 30 K, i.e the highest default/turbo clock speed 4 core processor that I can afford in 30 K budget as I am not going to overclock.

There is something wrong with my motherboard and I have to buy a new one, so I thought why invest again in 1156 socket and also PCI X 2.0 is a bottleneck for my card if only by a few fps.
My mobo/cpu are 2.5 yrs old and I think its time to upgrade before i start facing weird issues n all.

I just want to get the most out of 30 K, i.e the highest default/turbo clock speed 4 core processor that I can afford in 30 K budget as I am not going to overclock.

Does it warrant an immediate change OR can it hold out for longer because Q2 this year Intel shall unveil Haswell processors + chipset which shall migrate to the LGA1150 socket, marking the end of the current processors and chipsets.

If you feel that does not matter, you can go for the following --
Intel Core i5 3570 ~14500/-
ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/-
4GB x1 Corsair XMS3 ~1500/- (you have Corsair XMS3 series RAM in your system not XMS2)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Another thing the PCIe standard does not affect performance at-all. In-fact the loss of effective bandwidth shows up only in one place and that is GPU COMPUTE performance which either-way is not Kepler's strong suite.

Does it warrant an immediate change OR can it hold out for longer because Q2 this year Intel shall unveil Haswell processors + chipset which shall migrate to the LGA1150 socket, marking the end of the current processors and chipsets.

If you feel that does not matter, you can go for the following --
Intel Core i5 3570 ~14500/-
ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/-
4GB x1 Corsair XMS3 ~1500/- (you have Corsair XMS3 series RAM in your system not XMS2)

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Another thing the PCIe standard does not affect performance at-all. In-fact the loss of effective bandwidth shows up only in one place and that is GPU COMPUTE performance which either-way is not Kepler's strong suite.

What do you say about asrock z77 extreme 6 with i7 3570 proc.

Also is there any cpu better than i7 3570 in range 15-20 K that suits my purpose, i can buy cheaper mobo in that case.

What do you say about asrock z77 extreme 6 with i7 3570 proc.

Also is there any cpu better than i7 3570 in range 15-20 K that suits my purpose, i can buy cheaper mobo in that case.

No point in getting a Z77 chipset based motherboard if you are not fully utilizing its feature-set.

Next it is the Core i5 3570 not Core i7. No need to over-extend the budget on the processor, the top-of-the-line Core i5 is more than capable of holding its own at stock settings.

If you want to buy a cheaper motherboard, go for this -- GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-.

With the money saved add a SSD to the mix, any of the following shall do --
  • OCZ Vertex4 128GB ~7300/-
  • Crucial M4 120GB ~8300/-
Hope this helps, Cheers!

Buy the SSD from onlyss.com once it is up.

No point in getting a Z77 chipset based motherboard if you are not fully utilizing its feature-set.

Next it is the Core i5 3570 not Core i7. No need to over-extend the budget on the processor, the top-of-the-line Core i5 is more than capable of holding its own at stock settings.

If you want to buy a cheaper motherboard, go for this -- GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-.

With the money saved add a SSD to the mix, any of the following shall do --
  • OCZ Vertex4 128GB ~7300/-
  • Crucial M4 120GB ~8300/-
Hope this helps, Cheers!

Buy the SSD from onlyss.com once it is up.

should I go for Intel reference motherboard or gigabyte in case I want to go cheap on mobo.

Go for the GIGABYTE motherboard. You will have more cash to spare for a discrete audio-card and SSD. =]

Thanks Alpha,

So this is what it looks like:

GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H 4.5 K
Intel Core i5 3570 ~14000/- (i think it is cheaper, it is listed as 13409 on flipkart)
Crucial M4 120GB ~8300/
corsair vengeance 1x8GB 2800

My only concern is the stability and power circuit (i means phases) of this mobo. I think it does not have ultra durable components like other gigabyte motherboards.
Is this mobo going to last long like 3 yrs or so?

Thanks Alpha,

So this is what it looks like:

GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H 4.5 K
Intel Core i5 3570 ~14000/- (i think it is cheaper, it is listed as 13409 on flipkart)
Crucial M4 120GB ~8300/
corsair vengeance 1x8GB 2800

My only concern is the stability and power circuit (i means phases) of this mobo. I think it does not have ultra durable components like other gigabyte motherboards.
Is this mobo going to last long like 3 yrs or so?

It will hold fine. You aren't going to over-clock and this board is not meant to be pushed but at stock I don't see any issues creeping up.

Also, instead of getting a single 8GB module, go for 2 x4GB modules for dual-channel benefits.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

It will hold fine. You aren't going to over-clock and this board is not meant to be pushed but at stock I don't see any issues creeping up.

Also, instead of getting a single 8GB module, go for 2 x4GB modules for dual-channel benefits.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Hi Alpha, I wanted to know which RAM module to buy, the 1866 Mhz or 1600 Mhz and how much difference it will make. Also if I buy 1866 MHz RAM I will buy ASUS motherboard that supports ram at higher clock and defaults it at 1800 MHz. In this case I will bump up my budget.

Also does SSD give any advantage in Gaming, with 8 GB RAM I think most data will reside in RAM so will it have any effect on fps, i understand that game will load faster initially.

Hi Alpha, I wanted to know which RAM module to buy, the 1866 Mhz or 1600 Mhz and how much difference it will make. Also if I buy 1866 MHz RAM I will buy ASUS motherboard that supports ram at higher clock and defaults it at 1800 MHz. In this case I will bump up my budget.

Also does SSD give any advantage in Gaming, with 8 GB RAM I think most data will reside in RAM so will it have any effect on fps, i understand that game will load faster initially.

What is the price difference and what brands are on offer. If it is ~2000/- -->2500/- more than 1600MHz then I say pass.

Whatever speed you purchase please get two modules of RAM. That should be the main priority.

Yes SSD's will primarily improve the load-times of whatever is placed on them, nothing more. But instead of faster OR more RAM an SSD will have a more observable impact on real-world performance.

Also, instead of going for faster RAM and in association a more expensive motherboard I suggest that you stick to getting an SSD.

What is the price difference and what brands are on offer. If it is ~2000/- -->2500/- more than 1600MHz then I say pass.

Whatever speed you purchase please get two modules of RAM. That should be the main priority.

Yes SSD's will primarily improve the load-times of whatever is placed on them, nothing more. But instead of faster OR more RAM an SSD will have a more observable impact on real-world performance.

Also, instead of going for faster RAM and in association a more expensive motherboard I suggest that you stick to getting an SSD.

yes, I got it, 2x4 GB RAM for dual channel benifit.
Thanks again man!!!

Back