Budget 0-20k PC Upgrade - GPU, Mobo and Processor

Viknesh

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 15-20K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E5700
    • Motherboard - Asus P5G41T M-LX
    • RAM - Kingston 1x2 GB and Dynet 1x4 GB
    • Monitor - HP LE2202x
    • PSU - Zebronics 400W
    • HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • RAM - Kingston 1x2 GB and Dynet 1x4 GB (if possible)
    • Monitor - HP LE2202x
    • PSU - Zebronics 400W (if its good enough)
    • HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Open for anything under 20k
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • RAM, May be
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai. Big NO to online shopping.
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 100% Designing. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and sometimes 3ds Max.
    • 24x7 downloading
    • And Entertainment.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Never ever play games.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Heard of that. Don't know them in detail. Any info will be helpful.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8.1

If you are okay with AMD Rig, here's the following
  • AMD FX 4300- Rs 5700
  • ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 - Rs 4600
  • HyperX Blu 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ram - Rs 2450
  • Dell KB212 + Mice Combo MS111 - Rs 650 or Logitech MK200 Keyboard + Mouse Combo - Rs 700
  • Cooler Master CMP 250 - Rs 2600
  • Antec BP450PS 450 Watt SMPS - Rs 2000 or Corsair VS 450 - Rs 2300
Grand total : 18050

Better don't use those Dynet RAM's, Mostly you wouldn't need GPU for 3ds max, Looking at your actual requirement.
Incase you want to add a GPU, you have your SMPS ready for it. I recommend Zotac GT 730 1GB DDR5 - 4950.

@bssunil Hope, I didn't f up. Started suggesting after long time.

Last edited:
100% Designing. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and sometimes 3ds Max.
Get an AMD APU processor.
Keep the RAM which I believe is DDR3 yes?, the monitor and the hard disk. What about the chassis? You can get a bigger local one or something from a reputed brand like Antec, CM and Corsair etc. Antec X1-T costs around 2.7k, CM N300 for 3400, the CM Force 500 for 2700 something but has PSU placement at the top which i personally dont like and theres also the Corsair for 3000+. A Zebronics Bijli which is considered the best local chassis (it is really good for a local brand) costs 1500 here in Delhi.
First decide on a good quad Core AMD APU. The top end APU A10 7850K costs around 12k IIRC. There are also cheaper models. A8 6600K costs around 7200 and A8 6800K for <10k. A good motherboard like the MSI A88 E35 (I think) costs 4500. Try to pick from other brand with similar specs and features. I no longer want to recommend MSI products to anyone anymore.
For the power supply I recommend the Seasonic S12II 430W 80% Bronze efficiency for 3900rs or their Eco 400 model which is 85% Bronze certified efficiency for 2500rs.
That's 7200+4500+3900/2500+chassis. approx 14200-15600rs+chassis. You can still cut down on the motherboard and the chassis. But i wouldn't want to go below the A8 6600K APU. And you can also sell your current old RAMs and get a better Kingston HyperX Blu for 2100-2000 for a 4GB model. Get two of 4GB or a single 8GB..You might need more since you are likely to run multiple heavy softwares. Also a single 8GB costs lesser than 2x 4GB. Anyway just get 8GB of RAM.
And the last but not the least look up at reviews esp. for the APU and then decide accordingly.

AMD FX 4300- Rs 5700
Get an AMD APU processor.

I will be using Photoshop 90% of the time. Maximum two graphic heavy softwares at a time. I know Photoshop and most of the Adobe products use RAM and Processor more than the GPU. So I want to invest in a good Processor within my budget. I was in a thought of buying an i3 processor before the reply from @iPwnz.

o_O I wonder if there is any particular reason for recommending AMD Boards? Just gone through a review comparing these two boards with i3 4130. Surprisingly i3 had more marks than both of these AMD's especially in Single core performance.
I Don't know every difference between intel and amd excepting the fact Intel is more popular than AMD. I will be happy buying any of these. But I want to know how it will help with my workflow.

And I don't know what overclocking is and how does it impact my work. But I never want to overclock anything. Also I am thinking of getting as much as RAM as possible (even a 32gb). Need your suggestion for them also.

If you are comparing those cpuboss, Intel works well for single core use.
Since you are on a tight budget i recommended AMD and infact you can overclock it when you need it ( Kick in some more power to your processor for maximum utilization)

Also, AMD's on board graphics is better than intel's and it will give you better performance overall because of quad core. You can always use 4Gb ram + your existing memory.

I will be using Photoshop 90% of the time. Maximum two graphic heavy softwares at a time. I know Photoshop and most of the Adobe products use RAM and Processor more than the GPU. So I want to invest in a good Processor within my budget. I was in a thought of buying an i3 processor before the reply from @iPwnz.

o_O I wonder if there is any particular reason for recommending AMD Boards? Just gone through a review comparing these two boards with i3 4130. Surprisingly i3 had more marks than both of these AMD's especially in Single core performance.
I Don't know every difference between intel and amd excepting the fact Intel is more popular than AMD. I will be happy buying any of these. But I want to know how it will help with my workflow.

And I don't know what overclocking is and how does it impact my work. But I never want to overclock anything. Also I am thinking of getting as much as RAM as possible (even a 32gb). Need your suggestion for them also.
Its because of your low budget dude. The FX/Intel will need dedicated video cards for smooth work. The APU is...well..APU already has a decent integrated graphics though not as powerful as discrete ones.
If you think that you can spend more just get the i5 4440 Haswell and something like the R7 270X. cost around 11k and 7.2k respectively. will do you good in the long run.
and dont check only cpuboss alone. just look at multiple sites like anandtech, hardware secrets etc. and see the non-gaming benches.

• AMD FX 4300- Rs 5700
  • ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 - Rs 4600
  • HyperX Blu 4Gb DDR3 1600Mhz - Rs 2500
  • Logitech MK200 Keyboard + Mouse Combo - Rs 700
  • Deepcool Tessearact SW - Rs 2700
  • Antec BP450PS - Rs 2300
  • Zotac GT730 -Rs 5000.
Total =23,500.

Back