PD5 and Xbox previous gen compbaility

Skyh3ck

Adept
Hello guys

I am planning to buy either PlayStation or Xbox.

Few questions.

1. Can all PS4 game disc can be played on PS5.

2. What is PlayStation backward compability.. is it only digital games or disc.

3. Same with Xbox..

I am planning to get PS4 .. but if prices are not much differences than will get ps5 provides it plays PS4 disc..

Because PS4 game disc will be cheaper o guess

Hello guys

I am planning to buy either PlayStation or Xbox.

Few questions.

1. Can all PS4 game disc can be played on PS5.
Yes, almost all the PS4 disc can be played in PS5. These games do not support backward compatibility -
  • Afro Samurai 2: Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen

2. What is PlayStation backward compability.. is it only digital games or disc.
PS4 and PS5 both have x86 architecture so PS4 games are natively supported on PS5.
PlayStation has some online game streaming service for PS3 and older games as they aren't supported on PS5.

3. Same with Xbox..
From what I've read, XBox has backward compatibility all the way back to the OG XBox.

I am planning to get PS4 .. but if prices are not much differences than will get ps5 provides it plays PS4 disc..

Because PS4 game disc will be cheaper o guess
I'm also saving for a console, will buy either this year end or next year.

A used PS4 goes anywhere around 15k based on condition. PS4 Pro around 20k. Buying a new PS4 at this point is not advisable. PS5 Disc ver. - 50k (MRP) if you manage to buy one at MRP.

why i never heard of it, then its better to get latest gen console and if needed play old games also
There has to be some catch, like physical media not supported or something something, just my speculations. Those who use XBox would be able to tell in detail.

"The Xbox Series X and S are backward compatible with almost every native Xbox One game, 568 Xbox 360 games, and 39 original Xbox games. The only Xbox One titles that won’t work on the Xbox Series are those that require Kinect, as the Kinect is no longer supported."

Back