Windows PDF viewer

I used to have Foxit PDF viewer. Not sure which is good these days. Foxit had so many ads back in time. Any suggestions would be great. I need one to open and view PDF documents without distractions. A simple viewer would be more than enough. Thanks.

Personally been using Okular from last couple of years. Basic interface and minimal UI but functionally superior to most, offers decent customization, and very light on resources too.

As far Windows is concerned, I am afraid that the bloated and much maligned Adobe Reader provides the most compatible and seamless experience.

Nitro pdf for all the task
loop illustration GIF by Walter Newton

Is there a PDF reader with some editing capabilities like highlighting a line or hiding a part or add some notes?

have never been able to download anything from Microsoft Store. Nothing happens after clicking on "GET".
Well that's unfortunate. I don't think there's any other way to get the latest version of Okular apart from that. I have read that a lot of people have issues with MS Store but personally I haven't encountered many, except for the one time when FH4 wouldn't download although that was fixed after restarting windows.

Have used MuPDF on Android and Linux for quite some time and found it quite fast and no-frills. I believe they have a version available for Windows and hopefully it is just as good. Have since switched to the even faster and keyboard-based Zathura (based on the MuPDF library) on Linux, but it unfortunately does not have a Windows port available.

Also have heard good things about Sumatra PDF which is again based on the same MuPDF library and is Windows-only.

I have never been able to download anything from Microsoft Store. Nothing happens after clicking on "GET".

I downloaded but there is no EXE file (installer) in the compressed file.
If you want the installer, go for .exe download? The 7z package contains the compiled executable, okular.exe is available inside the bin subfolder, which you can directly run.

Back