Peculiar Request: Need a Flip Phone

reds4ever

Disciple
Hi,

I need to buy a phone for my wife. The catch is it must be a flip phone (no slide-outs) with a decent (2+ MP) camera. I know flip phones are largely a thing of the past but any help on any good ones available today. I'm ok with a phone which was launched a couple of years ago but is available today.

The moto ming series would've been a perfect buy. Unfortunately, I can't find them on ebay.in or anywhere else. There are a few new Android based Ming series models but they are exclusive to the Chinese market.

One option for me is to buy from ebay.com. Any options of phones available in India or suggestions on how to handle deliveries to India from ebay(US) would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Flipkart.com: Motorola Gleam EX212: Mobile -> Moto has released a new mid end flip feature phone just for people like these :) (I dont know whats with the flip phones and girls!)

Buy Motorola Quartz EX212 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews ~ 4.14k after 10% discount (apply code 'AMEXLB' or 'HSBCLB1' to get 10% off(max. Rs.1000)

• Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
  • 2 MP Primary Camera
  • 2.4-inch Display
  • FM Radio
  • Alphanumeric Keypad
  • GPRS And EDGE Enabled
  • 3.5mm jack
  • Expandable Storage Capacity Of 16 GB

DarkAngel said:
Flipkart.com: Motorola Gleam EX212: Mobile -> Moto has released a new mid end flip feature phone just for people like these :) (I dont know whats with the flip phones and girls!)

Buy Motorola Quartz EX212 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews ~ 4.14k after 10% discount (apply code 'AMEXLB' or 'HSBCLB1' to get 10% off(max. Rs.1000)

• Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
  • 2 MP Primary Camera
  • 2.4-inch Display
  • FM Radio
  • Alphanumeric Keypad
  • GPRS And EDGE Enabled
  • 3.5mm jack
  • Expandable Storage Capacity Of 16 GB

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. The gleam looks good, though perhaps not as stylish as the ming series.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find good flip phones these days with touchscreens. I did stumble upon one good option in Motorola MT810LX (MOTODEV > Products > MOTOâ„¢ MT810lx). Sadly it's only available in China. Any suggestions on importing a phone from China?

If MT810LX is unavailable, i'll have to go with either the Gleam or buy a ming a1200 from ebay.

Any suggestions are most welcome. :)

Back