Storage Solutions Pen drive data Lost- shows space

Hello all,

i am new to this thread please help me with my question. i want to recover my data as i lost it from my pen drive . it is showing that the the space is acquired by some data but there is no any data in pen drive if u have solution then please let me know as soon as possible

if you are comfortable with linux you could try a tool called "photorec" (if i remember correctly) - not sure if any free data recovery tools available for windows - have you googled it?

If space is acquired by data then it might be possible that it may be hidden due to virus.
1.Go to folder option and select view tab and untick hide protected operating system files.
2.Now go back and check your pen drive you will se the files.
Also you can give iCare Data Recovery software a try i could recovery my file.

it's hidden not lost, open it in lunux and you'll be able to view the entire content of the pen drive , i don't remember exactly but you can make the data visible again by changing its properties using the cmd parameter -r. Google a little more on it, you'll find the solution.

I would also suggest you to add a light Linux distribution(xubuntu, lubuntu, elementry os, opensuse etc...) and dual boot it with Windows, windows has too many restrictions.

Check if the files are not in hidden mode.

Click on "Start" -->Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

Here I assume your pendrive drive letter as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* --> Press Enter

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your pen drive letter.

Now check your pen drive for the files.

Good Luck

Back