Monitors People with 2 or more monitors - Help!

Blackend

Disciple
Need some help and suggestions,

1. Do you guys have a wall mount / desk stand for the monitors? If yes, which one?
2. What desk do you have for your multi-monitors if you don't use mounts?
3. How do you connect a third monitor to a single graphics card?

Thanks!

1) No. I just leave them on their original stands despite the height and size difference. Stands cost a bomb (3k+) which isn't really surprising as people shell out as much as 8-15k per monitor (multiply that!), but you can always try making your own if you're reasonably crafty.

2) I made my own desk as my old desk couldn't fit my two monitors and subwoofer. Before vs After. Remember you live in India, so you can easily get a reasonably good desk made to your size and specifications for as little as 5k.

3) By using whatever input is left lol. Most mid-range and upwards gpus have 2x DVI and 1x hdmi at the very least which is more than enough for 3 monitors. Connect two monitors with DVI and the third with a HDMI to DVI cable and you'll get display on 3.

1) No. I just leave them on their original stands despite the height and size difference. Stands cost a bomb (3k+) which isn't really surprising as people shell out as much as 8-15k per monitor (multiply that!), but you can always try making your own if you're reasonably crafty.

2) I made my own desk as my old desk couldn't fit my two monitors and subwoofer. Before vs After. Remember you live in India, so you can easily get a reasonably good desk made to your size and specifications for as little as 5k.

3) By using whatever input is left lol. Most mid-range and upwards gpus have 2x DVI and 1x hdmi at the very least which is more than enough for 3 monitors. Connect two monitors with DVI and the third with a HDMI to DVI cable and you'll get display on 3.

I'm actually willing to shell out money for a good monitor stand/wall mount with height adjustable arms. Just wanted some advice from people who use them now.

Can you show me a picture of your desk? I'm looking for a carpenter myself so I can get one made custom.

My current card has the ports, I just wasn't sure if running 2 monitors on DVI and a third on HDMI would work. Thanks! :)

Sorry I don't know much about stands aside from knowing that they are very expensive. Perhaps someone else will help you with this.

Apologies, I thought I had uploaded pics of my desk. Heres what it was and heres my current arrangement. This is a old pic and not what it currently looks like, but I basically made the desk with plywood so that it could comfortable fit two monitors and subwoofer and also integrate my system into the desk. I guess you can make a far better and more flexible desk just for your system if you used a carpenter.

Theoretically it should work, but theres always a chance that it won't. My 280x runs with the hdmi plugged in but it often blanks out and reconnects after a few seconds which is slightly annoying.

Sorry I don't know much about stands aside from knowing that they are very expensive. Perhaps someone else will help you with this.

Apologies, I thought I had uploaded pics of my desk. Heres what it was and heres my current arrangement. This is a old pic and not what it currently looks like, but I basically made the desk with plywood so that it could comfortable fit two monitors and subwoofer and also integrate my system into the desk. I guess you can make a far better and more flexible desk just for your system if you used a carpenter.

Theoretically it should work, but theres always a chance that it won't. My 280x runs with the hdmi plugged in but it often blanks out and reconnects after a few seconds which is slightly annoying.

Thanks for sharing man, your desk looks great! Unfortunately I have no talent when it comes to working with wood :p

Thanks for sharing man, your desk looks great! Unfortunately I have no talent when it comes to working with wood :p

Me too. It was a great learning experience for me too. I will probably make another desk build which will surely be better :)

Back