Budget 90k+ Performance Laptop Needed Urgently

TheIndian

Skilled
Looking to buy a New Performance Laptop.
Primary use: Financial modelling / analysis

Must have a 1920 x 1080 screen
RAM : Min 8 GB may expand in 2-3 years.
Cores: The more the merrier, which brings us to i7 MQ series (8 threads)
Onsite PROMPT service a must,
SSD would be nice.

Shortlisted the Dell Latitude e6540 for about 1.22 (i7 4800QM, with AMD 8790M, 8 GB, 1 TB Hybrid, back lit KB, 1920 x 1080, Windows 7 Pro, 3 yr complete cover 4 hr premium service warranty, 9 cell battery)

Questions,
1) Is a finger print reader of any use? What about contact-less smart card, is that of any use?
2) Would the onboard Intel® Integrated HD Graphics 4600 be enough or should one go for the Optional 128-bit Discrete Graphics with 2GB memory (AMD 8970)
3) Alternate options for Notebook
4) They provide a 1 TB hybrid drive with 8 GB nand, I am planning on getting a mSATA drive of 120 GB and installing it.
5) Do I need to upgrade to Win 8 / 8.1 ? They do not seem to have any upgrade path. Any significant advantages?

Matter is of some urgency, as I smashed the screen of my current laptop a Dell Latitude D830, and have to procure a new screen 1920 x 1200 (any ideas anyone ?) , am a laptop less guy for the first time since about 20 yrs.

TIA[DOUBLEPOST=1385231872][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow no one has anything to say?
I am in the right place I hope, this is a techie site right ?

Last edited:
No comments?
I am disappointed. I guess Tech is no longer a focus for its members.

Anyone know how to get good discounts on Dell ?

You can look for Asus RROG laptops they have good specs and should last long. Asus provides international warranty with it.

Dell India overprices their Latitude series as compared to the same stuff sold in the US.

Keep an eye out for Black Friday deals.

Last edited:
You can look for Asus RROG laptops they have good specs and should last long. Asus provides international warranty with it.

Dell India overprices their Latitude series as compared to the same stuff sold in the US.

Keep an eye out for Black Friday deals.

Will take a look, primary use is in India, does ASUS have onsite warranty?

About overpricing, the price seems to be the same as US for many of the laptops including the Latitude I have shortlisted, the US price is about U$1600+ which is about (104+k @ 65/$, for slightly lower specs and service) which is about the same for India,

Back