Phone for accessing emails and call clarity ~ 8K

aman.pitbull

Skilled
Hello TEians ,

More details at the end of tempelate,

1. Q: Budget?

8K +/-4K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

BAR/SLIDER

3. Q: Preferred display type?

ANY GOOD ONE

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

ANY GOOD ONE but more inclined towards SE>SAMSUNG>Nokia>MOTO>LG

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

Preferably Qwerty or Touch Screen with slider

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

>= 3.2 MP

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

Preferably Android but will look into other options if they are more easy to use

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

WiFi , EDGE , 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

PRIMARY USAGE CALL QUALITY AND RECEPTION are my top concerns and need to be top notch.

Secondary Use = reading emails and a bit of browsing.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

I require a dual sim but couldnt find any decent option. Please suggest those too.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

Motorola EX119 (cheap, good build and enough features for my usage w/Dual SIM, need nore details from people who've actually used it)

Spice Mi-350n (dont like complete touch screen, rest all the features are present in it)

Nokia E5 (not android and a worthless non-AF camera) Not Dual SIM

Nokia C3-00 (cheap phone need more info on it regarding emailing and browsing experience) Not Dual SIM

HTC ChaCha (need more info on it's easy of use and usage experience) Not Dual SIM

I'll be using this phone for calling and reading emails with a little bit of browsing and taking a few pics. So need GOOD CALL CLARITY and GOOD RECEPTION, a simple user interface(Android, Symbian or any other that's easy to use), and a better input method than touch screen(qwerty or keypad) with a large screen. The only problem here is I need a dual sim but if there are no other options single sim will do.

I was waiting for Samsung Dual SIM Android Phones but when are they actually going to come out? Please suggest more phones that meet my criteria.

TIA.

I'm looking for a phone with exact same requirements along with a clean speakers-to put the call on loud speakers. The speakers - let me say this downright - suck on the most phones I've seen.

Is there any parameter for call clarity or signal reception? Any site which gives this value on all phones

Which of these phone is better for emailing, ease of use and overall user experience:

Omnia WI8350

Motorolla Defy +

Xperia Mini Pro SK17i

HTC Explorer

Nokia E5-00

I was ready with Defy+ but some comments on GSM Arena are confusing me.

Please need help People.

Which of these phone is better for emailing, ease of use and overall user experience:

Omnia WI8350

Motorolla Defy +

Xperia Mini Pro SK17i

HTC Explorer

Nokia E5-00

I was ready with Defy+ but some comments on GSM Arena are confusing me.

Please need help People.

Defy gives your expandibility and a rugged phone, what comments are you talking about ?

Nokia e5 satisfies your qwerty need and a no non sense Nice email interface.

Windows phone 7 has a refreshing new interface and reliable email experience.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

http://www.gsmarena....eviews-4098.php

There are quite a lot of negative views on Defy+ from a lot of people, I dont want a phone that hangs or lags. I need a sturdy phone for emailing which has good call clarity and is readable(bigger cleaner fonts). E5 is somewhat outdated and overpriced would you really suggest it to me ?

Wait for some defy plus user to confirm those comments, specs wise for Android in that budget it's the best option ... The Nokia e5 it's the only qwerty, get it if you strictly need qwerty ... Although I am completely at ease with Swype on Android and I prefer it over qwerty

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

If you don't care about apps and such I'd say go for the E6. It's great for emails and has an amazing battery life when compared to the defy+

Also Sulekha is quite reliable. Have bought several items from them.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.letsbuy.com/samsung-galaxy-y-pro-duos-b5512-p-39773[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos B5512 ~ 9.7k[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Dual SIM[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Android Gingerbread[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]QWERTY, optical trackpad[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Decent 832MHz ARMv6 processor[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]384MB RAM[/font]
  • [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]400 x 240 pixels, 2.6 inches capacitive touchscreen[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_y_pro_duos_b5512-4371.php[/font]

I'm looking for a phone with exact same requirements along with a clean speakers-to put the call on loud speakers. The speakers - let me say this downright - suck on the most phones I've seen.

Is there any parameter for call clarity or signal reception? Any site which gives this value on all phones

BB 8520

>excellent Loudspeaker esp for Conversation, dedicated loudspeaker button during calls

> Good voice quality, and moderate battery life

>decent Signal reception(On par with Nokia symbian range)

Btw most new BB's have Pathetic battery life and poor speakers so better avoided..

I already have a BB 8520 and hate it more than any other phone I've ever used !!

Thanks Dark Angel for the suggestion, so Samsung finally released the way too overpriced Dual Sim version of their discontinued Samsung Pro.

So finally I've made my decision I'll be going with either Moto Defy+ or Nokia E6 .

8K +-4K???? that brings up to 12K!!! then you can just ignore all other phones and buy the sony ericsson WT19i Live with walkman which should be available for anywhere between 12.5K to 14.5K!!! its slightly extending your budget but you will love this phone.. especially when you've given SE as your first preference.. its got everything.. android 2.3 gingerbread upgradeable to 4 icecream sandwich, A-GPS, Wi - fi, touchscreen .. obviously emails. and everything else.. 5 MP camera, 720p video recording and playing capability. and plus. .the earphones that will come bundled with the sony ericssons will be far better than any other brand .. infact, earphones from other brands will feel cheap in front of the ones you get with any sony phone..

I LOVE SONY ERICSSON's.. ..

I already have a BB 8520 and hate it more than any other phone I've ever used !!

Thanks Dark Angel for the suggestion, so Samsung finally released the way too overpriced Dual Sim version of their discontinued Samsung Pro.

So finally I've made my decision I'll be going with either Moto Defy+ or Nokia E6 .
OT: why do you hate 8520 ? Bad signal reception ??

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]puneetritehere I love SE too but there are better options in SE too but all are too damn delicate, I've been a SE fan for the past 10 years but currently SE is not satisfying my usage criteria.[/font]

The only model from SE that makes sense to me is [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Xperia Mini Pro SK17i[/font] but the ones I chose are a better and cost the same/cheaper.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Why I dont want a BB :[/font]

It's a Smart-Phone that feels like a feature phone.

Bad Browsing Experience.

Installing apps from PC is a PIA.

Feels too much restricted, my needs will require a premium overpriced BB Service which is not reliable.

Shitty Camera.

Shitty Screen.

Bad Battery Life.

Bad Charger (2 BB Chargers replaced in 1year, whereas none of the other brand(including cheap chinese ones) chargers ever went bad).

Build Uses good quality materials but they dont stick together for a long duration!!!.

Cheap bundled accessories.

Shitty GUI, it's so pakau, makes my eyes sore!!

Bad Music Player, not a good enough Frequency Response(stresses on Vocals at No EQ!!).

etc.......

^
<
Couldn't have put it better.

Nice to see you list them out !
<

Anyone who recommends BB 8250, its not worth it compared even with E5 (keep aside the E6), he/she should head to GSMarena and put 8250 & E5 side by side and compare.

- No GPS.

- No Radio.

- Some shitty 65k colours screen.

Sparing the BBM & push email I don't think it has anything to offer compared to other phones available in that price range.
<

Back