Phone for Daughter

Doremon

Adept
Wish to gift window/android phone to Daughter studying in 12th. Phone would be used by wify also..

Good touch screen, Dual sim, looks, music, video, surfing is main concern... Budget- around 7k....can be streach little for any good option...
need to buy on Sunday as result will be declared by Monday ... thanks in advance..

>>Darky: anything from HTC or LG or Sony, I inclined towards..

Also had hints on carbon A9+, Galaxy Duos Y, HTC Explorer & Sony Tipo...

Concern is best audio/video, fast browing & sensible interface...yup, 3G is in mind for sure..

The two will be sharing a dual SIM phone? Your choices are pretty limited due to the price range and your brand preferences.

The Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is an option but that phone was pathetic even when it came out. It's prehistoric now. You can also look at the Sony Xperia Tipo Dual, but it will stretch your budget by 2-3k.

Your best bet would to be to follow DarkAngel's suggestion and go for the Karbonn A15 or the Micromax A68.

Your best bet would to be to follow DarkAngel's suggestion and go for the Karbonn A15 or the Micromax A68.

Micromax Smarty 4.0 A68: Flipkart.com (No GPS and 3G) But has a IPS LCD and has better brand value than the Karbonn

Karbonn A15 Price in India | Specifications, Features and Reviews -> Has 3G and GPS and cheaper too. The LCD is not IPS type.The MMX A68 has a better processor+ GPU and a 5MP camera compared to the karbonn A15.

Considering A110 super canvas2 would be wise decision by adding few bucks #3 /4k.?

Have a look at the A15 if its still available for cheap. I have the device and it looks OKish, sound clarity is good and the dual sim feature works. The panel looks to be IPS since I have very good viewing angles.

First of all, apologies as i could not take it forward the suggesions given herein.

Having above all tips, buying time could be postponed till now as I feel its really not required for the daughter at this age. But now she is curious enough to get the phone as their all friends & will be really required a good phone after 6-8 months when entering in college.

Since almost 6 months passed from the above all suggesions, I re submit the subject with streaching budget from 7k to 10k.

Thinking to opt option in good brand...

Back