Budget 15-20K Phone for Wifey ( Good looks + Selfie Cam)

1. Budget?
A: INR 15k-20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 5" or below

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android. Preferably latest version.

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: Anything will do.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No micromax.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera (Selfie preferably), Music and general surfing, FB and all

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: This phone is for my wife and all she needs is good looks and decent audio support and imaging capabilities. She is currently using iphone but wants a change so no ios suggestions please.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: s4 (Good buy ??), Honor 6, Vivo shot (She loved its looks), Mi4.

Last edited:
Increase budget by 3000, buy Samsung Galaxy S5...

Xiaomi, Lenovo, Xolo etc are prone to malfunction with spouse community. You want a premium brand; something with better service support & intuitive UI. Keep in mind the SAR values also.
She's Coming from iPhone please buy some reputed brand with flaunt value.

Others to be considered

Galaxy A5 (4G support, stunning looks)

Xperia Z1 hopefully gets 5.1 update, I'm not sure.
Nexus 5
HTC M8 unlocked

With Some increased budget you should get...
Xperia Z2
Xperia M4

I got Xperia Z3 compact for my wife 6 months ago to replace iPhone 5s, She's very happy with it.

Last edited:
I am not very sure about zenphone series. Lot of people are complaining about the cam.

Samsung A5 looks good to me. Anyone with first hand user experience here?

I've played around with A5 for couple of hours, it's reliable, responsive phone with good camera capabilities.

I'd prefer S5 over A5 if 4G isn't a priority. A flagship is anyday better than a midrange phone. So is with Z1.

You can get a brand new xperia Z3 compact at 23k on ebay with seller warranty, have look if you're OK with it, it's the best compact phone period.

Z3 compact or any Sony phone not recommend on ebay esp. with sellers warranty.
Is the seller gonna replace the complete phone for free if anything happens? Or is he taking responsibility to take it to Sony centre for repairs etc?
As per the response about Sony's service would never really recommend anybody to go via sellers way.
Buy geuine Sony is pita if anything goes wrong then imagine the pita++ buying on sellers warranty....

Selfie means a front camera with a flash. Any one know of ones with a flash in the front. oppo n3 fits the bill but its double your budget.

Consider a selfie stick as well for better looking selfies.

Last edited:
I've played around with A5 for couple of hours, it's reliable, responsive phone with good camera capabilities.

I'd prefer S5 over A5 if 4G isn't a priority. A flagship is anyday better than a midrange phone. So is with Z1.

You can get a brand new xperia Z3 compact at 23k on ebay with seller warranty, have look if you're OK with it, it's the best compact phone period.

20k is already an overkill for me.
I believe a5 will be better as it's built quality is more premium than s5. And that is the major criteria.

Also, don't I have any options in less budget ??

Back