Budget 10-15K Phone needed for basic functions

munnabhai

Recruit
1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-15k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Flexible

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, 5G would be an advantage

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A:Easy to use, no software issues.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A:Whats app, phone calls, web browsing, basic apps, camera, emails

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A:Single

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A:Good reception, no buggy software. I just need a phone to run basic apps, take some photos, make calls and check emails.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model

Are you comfortable with stock/close to stock Android?
If so, do have a look at the Moto devices such as G31, G51 or G71. They tick all of your checkboxes as the usecase mentioned is generic. Also, stock phones do run smoother as there are no bloatwares or any unnecessary software running in the background.

If not, then you can look at some Redmi devices.
Just realised that Moto G52 has been released today. If you remove 5G, it has everything you need.

Last edited:
If so, do have a look at the Moto devices such as G31, G51 or G71. They tick all of your checkboxes as the usecase mentioned is generic. Also, stock phones do run smoother as there are no bloatwares or any unnecessary software running in the background.

Thank you bhaiya, can you please explain what do you mean by stock/close to stock android?
I would prefer a phone where I can reduce bloatware and just use the apps I want/need
Also I would like to be able to transfer the data to an iphone later in a year
thank you bhaiya

can you please explain what do you mean by stock/close to stock android
Stock Android is barebone OS which is released by AOSP. It has bare minimum essential apps enough for what a phone is meant to do, calling and texting.

Custom OS manufacturers, like Samsung, Mi, RealME etc, take this stock Android and add their own apps, modifications which they think is necessary for customers. This could include unnecessary apps, software running in the background which is necessary for the OS but it also makes it bloat, or in simple terms, gain weight.

I would prefer a phone where I can reduce bloatware and just use the apps I want/need
If you want a phone with little to no bloatware, then fortunately or unfortunately, your only options are Nokia and Motorola. Nokia is kind off dead and given the competition, Moto offers useful features while retaining stock Android experience, hence called "close to stock."

Also I would like to be able to transfer the data to an iphone later in a year

Thank you Bhaiya
I think the Motorola G52 is a good option, do you think so?
Would this Motorola be a sturdy phone? Often phones drop a small height, get nicks and bruises, etc.
What is a good price for this G52?
Thank you Bhaiya

If you can wait for a few days then that will be good. There will be reviews on YouTube which will give a complete idea about the pros and cons of the phone.

G52 is plastic built to keep the weight down. Given its a 6.67" phone and has 5000mah battery, it is difficult to keep the weight below 190gms. But this one weighs only 169gms, so it's super light. To save from Nick's and scratches, you can get a good quality case.

Right now for 4 gm Ram variant, it costs ~14500 and for 6gb ram it costs 16500. In your case, 4gb would do fine but if possible to extend the budget get a 6 gb Ram variant.
If you have HDFC credit card, 1000 rupees instant discount.

If you can wait for a few days then that will be good. There will be reviews on YouTube which will give a complete idea about the pros and cons of the phone.

G52 is plastic built to keep the weight down. Given its a 6.67" phone and has 5000mah battery, it is difficult to keep the weight below 190gms. But this one weighs only 169gms, so it's super light. To save from Nick's and scratches, you can get a good quality case.

Right now for 4 gm Ram variant, it costs ~14500 and for 6gb ram it costs 16500. In your case, 4gb would do fine but if possible to extend the budget get a 6 gb Ram variant.
If you have HDFC credit card, 1000 rupees instant discount.
Thank you Bhaiya. Which brand of case(s) do you recommend for a phone? This one and others?

I will wait for the reviews on youtube, any particular channel(s) you recommend?

I really appreciate your help

Which brand of case(s) do you recommend for a phone? This one and others?
No particular brand as such but Nilkin cases are good, if available for your phone. Else it's some normal brand. I don't send too much on unknown brands.
No particular channel as such. I referred to the following video for unboxing and 1st hand impressions. He will come out with a review, pros and cons after a week or so.

No particular brand as such but Nilkin cases are good, if available for your phone. Else it's some normal brand. I don't send too much on unknown brands.
No particular channel as such. I referred to the following video for unboxing and 1st hand impressions. He will come out with a review, pros and cons after a week or so.

Thank you Bhaiya

Just realised that Moto G52 has been released today. If you remove 5G, it has everything you need.
Bhaiya does Android have any good software to Sync my contacts and photos on the phone with a PC?

Thank you

If you link your Gmail account with your phone, then it will sync the contacts, photos on cloud. From this cloud, you can see whatever you want in any device, PC. It will be synced to the latest photo or contact you have added. For photos, you can use Photos app from Google on Android, PC.
I don't have much idea if any particular software exists to sync from phone to PC. Are talking something about Nokia PC Suite or iTunes? If I get any update, will let you know.

If you link your Gmail account with your phone, then it will sync the contacts, photos on cloud. From this cloud, you can see whatever you want in any device, PC. It will be synced to the latest photo or contact you have added. For photos, you can use Photos app from Google on Android, PC.
I don't have much idea if any particular software exists to sync from phone to PC. Are talking something about Nokia PC Suite or iTunes? If I get any update, will let you know.
Yes I was thinking about iTunes but I guess nowadays syncing with the gmail account is the norm

Back