Android Phone screen colors feel faded

My s10 life's screen looks a little faded since 1-2 days, is there any tests to diagnose issue with the screen.
Hi arjun, am also Arjun using Samsung note10lite.
you must be knowing but still il ask,
Tried changing display setting from natural to vivid?

Changing to vivid has improved the colors, I always use it with eye comfort shield. Normal mode feels too bright even with brightness at lowest level.

Samsung ships the display out of the box with the Natural color screen mode applied, which is a good decision. That means we get accurate colors out-of-the-box, although this setting has been known to have different defaults in different regions (for example, the Galaxy S10 phones came with Vivid color mode set as the default in India). The Natural mode supports automatic color management for the DCI-P3 and sRGB gamuts. It’s still early days, but color management has become much more pervasive in new Android phone launches since 2019. The Natural mode’s color accuracy is perceptibly very good. The one issue here is the warm white point
Source: XDA

THe background which used to be black is now marooninsh in color, there is something off, when the phone boots there is black background with samsung logo, this now maroonish instead of black.

THe background which used to be black is now marooninsh in color, there is something off, when the phone boots there is black background with samsung logo, this now maroonish instead of black.
Disable any eye comfort shield as that adds yellow to counter blue.

Then check the colour settings i think there should be some colour sliders. Now you will be using a custom colour profile and not stock vivid or natural.

Just increase green a little to counter the magenta (maroon that you are seeing)

Then enable your eye comfort shield.

Any difference?

Eye comfort was already disabled when this issue started , the three colors were at max level, I reduced the other two colors at kept green at max. No difference.

What happens if red is at the other end of the scale ?

The sliders should be at the centre. I'm surprised they are all maxed out in your case.

My s10 life's screen looks a little faded since 1-2 days, is there any tests to diagnose issue with the screen.
Did you kept the phone in hip pocket and sat on it accidentally.
Even a minor unusual pressure applied on displays can result in such issues.

S10 has a built hardware test code , try Google for the code , it has diagnostic tools for RGB and dead pixels , if its a screen issue , the diagnostic code will help you identify it or else it might also be a simple flex issue , which is common in India due to high Humidity . Try *#0*# or *#*#0*#*#*

S10 has a built hardware test code , try Google for the code , it has diagnostic tools for RGB and dead pixels , if its a screen issue , the diagnostic code will help you identify it or else it might also be a simple flex issue , which is common in India due to high Humidity . Try *#0*# or *#*#0*#*#*
RGB is fine but in this test black is again maroon/brownish

Back