Less than 10K Phone suggestions for under 10k

Others might suggest some options below 10K, but my advice will be to increase your budget by a bit more, like 1-2K to get decent phones with decent specs, which will last for long, otherwise at this price, it is quite hard to get your hands on a phone with decent specs

At this range, Samsung is the best option. I will also suggest Nokia phones. They have stock clean Android, and no bloatware, plus solid build quality. Plus, they will provide regular OS and security upgrades. At this range though, they might also lack in terms of specifications, but you can see if they suit your needs. I have been using Nokia phones since a long time, and I love them personally.
You can look at Nokia phones here for your price range:

Motorola phones suggested above by someone are also good choice, but they will be slow in terms of upgrades, and for such low price range, I don't know if they will provide them or not.

You could also go for a refurbished phone at this rate. Go for a used Redmi and use a custom ROM and you will be set for a while.
For whatever reason you don't want Chinese brands, the fact is a second hand Redmi Note 10 Pro with a light AOSP ROM will provide less hassle than an unreliable, slow mediatek phone which will heat up when on whatsapp or a call.

I will let someone else comment about the processors of these two phones. A lot will depend on that, since storage and RAM are same for both

Nokia 5.4 seems to be an older phone from 2021, so it will receive one OS update less compared to Samsung phone. Also, Samsung phone is full HD, whereas Nokia 5.4 isn't

Samsung phone has a much bigger battery too

But, Samsung phone will come with bloatware, and Nokia will come with clean Android and no bloatware

If you want to go for Nokia, my suggestion would be to go for a newer phone from the link that I posted in my earlier message

Also, have you thought about 5G? You will need a 5G phone after sometime. So maybe consider that too.

under 10k you should be looking at Motorola as they offer clean experience without bloatware which makes the overall experience quote good.

have a look at Moto g31, it even offers amoles screen under 10k.

Nokia is mostly out of the loop here in India, so I would say avoid it.
Moto or Samsung would be your best bets.
You could wait for a sale, you'll see some good price drops then. Moto G32 is a good phone that usually costs around 9.5k, but goes for 10.5k. It has a decent SoC, and an FHD display, both of which are not common under 10k. Or the e14, which has a weak SoC and HD display. SoC should be fine since stock android is not very resource demanding, and if you tone down the animations, you'll face fewer jitters.
From Samsung, M04 seems fine if you can live with HD display.
Above 10k, Moto G32 or G52 is a no brainer since you get a better display and SoC.

Nokia is selling sd695 chip based phone for 49.9k. They are smoking something extremely potent.

I'm seeing some unisoc chip in this <10k range. How does it fare to SD, Exynos or other chips? I thought these were ultra low end chips used in Jio phones etc.

Nokia is selling sd695 chip based phone for 49.9k. They are smoking something extremely potent.

I'm seeing some unisoc chip in this <10k range. How does it fare to SD, Exynos or other chips? I thought these were ultra low end chips used in Jio phones etc.
Unisoc is fairly decent, I'll give it some credit. Typing this from my Unisoc powered device and I only get stutters when I switch between apps. It's smooth for simple usage like browsing and media consumption.
A relative's phone has a Unisoc T610 powered Infinix, and surprisingly, I don't think I've ever seen it lag in the past year of it's use. Probably because XOS from Infinix is very well optimized.

For entry level smartphones, I don't think that Unisoc should be looked past simply because it isn't as well known as MTK, SD or Exynos. It provides pretty good performance for the asking price.

Back