Budget 25-30k Pixel 4a or Mi 11X

zero_cool

Disciple
This is for the sister who judges phones based on their camera. An iPhone is out of the question as it has excess limitations and a good Samsung device is too expensive. OnePlus was in the consideration set but I feel the 11X offers much better value for same or lesser cost. I've recommended her the 11X over the 4a but she prefers the latter due to its compact size and it has a headphone jack. My only reservation with the Pixel is its terrible service options and she has a history of putting her phones through abuse, I fear the 4a will quickly become a paperweight in her hand.

Also, I saw a mention that the Pixel 5a will/might launch in September but I don't see any news publication covering it thus wanted to know if this is just speculation built on hope?

This is for the sister who judges phones based on their camera. An iPhone is out of the question as it has excess limitations and a good Samsung device is too expensive. OnePlus was in the consideration set but I feel the 11X offers much better value for same or lesser cost. I've recommended her the 11X over the 4a but she prefers the latter due to its compact size and it has a headphone jack. My only reservation with the Pixel is its terrible service options and she has a history of putting her phones through abuse, I fear the 4a will quickly become a paperweight in her hand.

Also, I saw a mention that the Pixel 5a will/might launch in September but I don't see any news publication covering it thus wanted to know if this is just speculation built on hope?
pixel 4a is bit outdated now and mi 11x is a best choice because it has 120hz Super AmoLED display with great camera but the UI is not that good if we compare it with pixel's ui.
It's not confirm but expected to be launched the pixel 5a in India by the October.

I read pixel 4a is good in ever aspect. And love the size (5.8) inches display. Only con i think is poor battery backup.

I read pixel 4a is good in ever aspect. And love the size (5.8) inches display. Only con i think is poor battery backup.
It has good software optimization so small battery isn't much of an issue as it would be on other brands. The worrisome thing about pixels in India is their poor after sale support.
pixel 4a is bit outdated now and mi 11x is a best choice because it has 120hz Super AmoLED display with great camera but the UI is not that good if we compare it with pixel's ui.
It's not confirm but expected to be launched the pixel 5a in India by the October.
Pixel 5a has serious heating issues when recording 4k videos. Pixel 4a is overpriced for what it offers and if one is comfortable with tinkering with roms then mi 11x will have better longevity, considering a way more powerful cpu.
If a good camera is a must, op can even reassess and go for a mirrorless camera because whatever phone one buys one can't beat the actual cameras at same price.

Any phone you plan to buy for the camera , kindly ensure it has OIS . Else all other cameras in phones in same price range have roughly similar cameras .
Pixel 4a has ois and mi 11x doesn't. Again, if camera is the deciding factor and one can use their existing mobile for a while longer they can buy a mirrorless camera and be satisfied for some years.

Also, if ois is required then samsung a52 is a great choice, it has a great camera is cheaper than pixel 4a, has ip rating.

The 4a's hardware is subpar. It was at launch, forget now. Camera is very good but that sensor is holding it back. The 5a is having the same sensor however, the apparent noise is taking its toll now. 4a is praised by those who prefer a compact phone, and those who never used a flagship grade device before imagining 730G is fast/ smooth enough. But those who have, will know that it drops frames, stutters. The GPU on it is weaker than what found on Pixel 1 from 2016. It's just an overpriced midrange which was never supposed to withstand the test of time.

No comments about Mi phones. If it ran stock android out of the box may have considered for suggestion but it's out of the question under as-is state. The hardware is great and the samples I glanced at were fantastic too. My comment is mainly to dissuade you from the 4a, unless you ONLY need the camera (only for stills), and even there it's not worth it anymore since 5a launch.

perfect sized phone +infiniti

mi should have launched mi11x 5g but they are dumping their old inventory .As i mentioned in other thread MOTO Edge 20 .And dont wait for a long time .That phone will be sold out and wont come back .I am still waiting for Moto g 5g :p

Update: I received the phone and while its size is fantastic, it does feel a slower when I switch between the apps. Also, it is suffering from the slow charging problem. I am going to see if turning off Adaptive Charging fixes it else she is going to get a taste of the poor service process of Pixel. One strange thing about this phone when I accessed its battery setting, it read The last full charge was yesterday. How is that even possible? The seller does not accept replacements so this cannot be a used device and I find it hard to believe the Pixel does not count the days it was off and just believes the next time it is powered on after the factory shelf is the second day.

Also, I can get 50% off on the Pixel Buds A-series until till 30 Sept. Please DM me if you are interested.

Back