Budget 51-70k Plan for a new skylake gaming pc

sgopalkn

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 55 - 60 Max. Planning to use the config for atleast 5 Years, so prefer latest Skylake build.
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • 10 Year old PC. Nothing to reuse
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Logitech Mk345 wireless keyboard & mouse.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    CPU - Intel Core i5 6500 or 6400
    CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 103 (If CPU cooler is mandatory)
    Motherboard - Any
    Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB or Any
    Graphics Card - GTX 960
    Power Supply - Any
    Cabinet Corsair SPEC-01 or SPEC-03 or Any
    Internal Storage - 1TB HDD
    Monitor - Dell 22" LED (If Budget exceeds 60k, then will reuse old Samsung LCD monitor 20")​
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • RAM - 8GB
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Prefer Intel processor and Nvidia Graphics
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10

Last edited:
CPU - Intel Core i5 6500 -14600,
Motherboard - Gigabyte B150M-D3H -7100,
Memory - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR4 -3900,
Graphics Card - Zotac GTX 960 2GB -15500,
Power Supply - Seasonic S12II 520w -4900,
Cabinet - Corsair SPEC-01 -3500,
Internal Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD -3500,
Monitor - Dell S2216H 22" LED IPS -9000.
TOTAL -62,000.

Corsair spec 01 has only one fan.Its wise to invest couple of bucks and get a corsair spec 02.I purchased spec 02 last week and its a very good case with good cooling at this price.

Edit: If you are not over clocking then intel cooler will be good.
Gigabyte b150m d3h is good as long as u dnt need any fancy stuff else buy a h170 or for overclocking z170.B150m d3h has one m2 port(though m2 devices are very very costly right now).
I recommend you to buy i5 6500 becuse price difference is not much.

Edit2: and if you are purchasing parts in next 2-3 months then wait for nvidia pascal gpu's.Its stated to release in mid 2016.If not then buy 960.

Last edited:
Corsair spec 01 has only one fan.Its wise to invest couple of bucks and get a corsair spec 02.

lol one can always get an extra fan or two for a few hundred more. But you're right, the Spec 02 costs only some 500-600rs more and already comes with two fans so it seems to be the better pick here.
Spec 01 would be a good case for 2.5k-3k or if they give two fans. Price of 3.5k when the Spec 02 is available for a little over 4k is questionable. How much did you pay for the case?

lol one can always get an extra fan or two for a few hundred more. But you're right, the Spec 02 costs only some 500-600rs more and already comes with two fans so it seems to be the better pick here.
Spec 01 would be a good case for 2.5k-3k or if they give two fans. Price of 3.5k when the Spec 02 is available for a little over 4k is questionable. How much did you pay for the case?
Corsair spec 03 was not available in nehru place at that time so i decided to go for spec 02 as the difference is only front grill.Spec 01 was available around 3600 and i got spec 02 at 3950.And btw there is physical difference between spec 01 and 02.and u get 2 front usb 3 and extra fan and large case for few hundred extra so thats a not bad deal.

Gtx 970 will be great but if he is buying in coming 2-3 months then in my opinion it will be good idea to wait for pascal.
And if he is buying this month then he can go for a used one and upgrade to pascal later.

Looking at the online rates the spec 02 for <4k is indeed a good deal. Thought it would cost over 4.3k locally.

CPU - Intel Core i5 6400
Motherboard - MSI B150M PRO-VDH
Memory - 8GB G.SKill Ripjaws V DDR4 2133Mhz RAM
Graphics Card - Nvidia GTX750Ti 2GB
Power Supply - CoolerMaster Thunder 500 Watt
Internal Storage - 1TB 7200rpm
Anyone who can assemble or understand the different components which go into building a PC will not buy a branded PC.

^Yes bro there is no point in buying a pre assembled pc.Any one can assemble a pc.I also assembled my pc though i don't have any experience in assembling.Everything comes with a manual you can read.

Back