Budget 51-70k Planing to buy Rig for high HD, 3D movies and Gaming

basha.masthan

Disciple
Oct 21, 2012
Q: What is your budget?
50 - 60K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Yamaha 5.1 Home Theater (50K) :hail:
Creative 5.1 speakers
40" LCD will be used to watch movies and play games

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Yamaha 5.1 Home Theater (50K)
Creative 5.1 speakers
40" LCD will be used to watch movies and play games

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

NZXT PHANTOM / HAF 912/932

not quite sure about the rest of the configuration. Please suggest one.

Note: I have 5.1 Yamaha theater (spent 50k on it) Which i am planing to connect using HDMI if possible or using S/PDIF Optical and 5.1 creative Speaker which connects with normal 6 x Audio jack(s). and 40" LCD at present at planing to buy 27" 3D monitor.

note1: Can i connect HDMI from GPU to Home theater and get both video and audio 5.1 or should i go GPU for Video only and use motherboard audio options and any Audio card?:23:

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following in another year or so.
1, GPU
2, RAM
3, HDD
4, 3D Monitor

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Chennai/Bengaluru/Hyderabad : i travel a lot to this city's so suggest one if you have any known shops
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD, 3D movies with 5.1 DTS/Dolby or equivalent This is Must

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Recent FPS
Racing - NFS, Dirt

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1280x728 or higher
Desktop - 1440x900, 1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
@basha.masthan, already had suggested you the RIG earlier, here it is again --

For now let over-clocking go, it is a waste of money in your curtailed budget, what you need is an Intel Ivy-Bridge build with Kepler graphics --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~12500/- AMD FX-6100 review / AMD FX-6100 review and analysis
Six-core FX-6100 is similar in speed to mainstream Phenom II X6 processors, and in comparison to competition, it falls between top Core i3 and junior Core i5 CPUs. Besides, in most general-purpose applications, including games, its performance is closer to that of dual-core Core i3.

FX CPUs are also hardly appealing for the new systems: Intel’s Core i5 and Core i3 processors can offer better combination of price and performance in a wide range of tasks with only a few exceptions such as video transcoding in x264 codec and selected 3D rendering applications.

So, we can’t recommend getting involved with the new FX CPUs from AMD at least until they revise their pricing. And even though there are claims that desktop Bulldozer processors are selling pretty well, we can’t imagine who could really be investing their hard-earned cash into these products.
ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS / SNIPER 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- (better than both the HAF 912 Advanced and Phantom in my opinion)
Corsair TX v2650W ~5600/- OR Cooler Master Silent Power M600W ~6200/- (avoid Cooler Master eXtreme series SMPS)
GIGABYTE GTX660 OC 2GB ~14900/- OR Sapphire HD7850 2GB ~15500/- (both cards completely chew up the GTX560Ti) GTX660 vs. GTX560Ti / GTX660 vs. AMD HD7850 2GB.
LOGITECH G400 optical gaming mouse ~1600/-
LOGITECH G105 ~2500/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

If you want to connect the HDMI connector from the graphics card to the speakers, you must be sure if the graphic card can do justice to the sound, something which I doubt they are capable off. By virtue of being called -- Graphic card. In my opinion it might be better to get a decent sound-card like --
ASUS Sonar DX ~4500/- (from @PristineNote) and output sound from that. http://www.xtremereview.com/asus-xonar-dx-review / http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/5599-asus-xonar-dx-7-1-pci-e-sound-card-review.html.

And for the shops at all the cities you have mentioned --
  • Delta Page (Chennai)
  • The IT Depot (Chennai)
  • Golccha Inter-trade (Bangalore)
  • Aashirwaad Computers (Bangalore)
  • Bhumika Peripherals (Secunderabad-Hyderabad)
  • Shweta Peripherals / Computers (Secunderabad-Hyderabad)

Let other members pitch in their views on the RIG as well.

Welcome to TE by the way and hope you have a pleasant stay here.

Last edited by a moderator:

basha.masthan

Disciple
Oct 21, 2012
IT Depot is very costly when compared to local shops in HYD CTC road and Chennai Simson. I actually been to one of their branch... way to costly. Delta page looks like decent one.. Thanks for the info ALPHA17 :)