Budget 51-70k Planning a new Rig. Kindly help! *_*

snoopy.sai

Disciple
Hey everyone,

Need some help... *_*

Q: What is your budget?
-> 60k <-> 70k

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
-> CPU -> Intel i5-760.

Motherboard -> Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3L.

GPU -> Nvidia MSI GTX-460 Twin Frozr II 1GB DDR5.

RAM -> 2x2GB Gskill PC3-10700 [1600MHZ].

Monitor -> 24" Dell 2410 Full HD.

SMPS / PSU -> Corsair TX550M. [Got it as a replacement for my my VX550W. Just arrived last night].

HDD -> 1TB Seagate 7200.12 (3GB/S) &
2TB WD Caviar Green (3GB/S).

CASE -> NZXT Tempest EVO.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
-> Monitor -> 24" Dell 2410 Full HD.

HDD -> 2TB WD Caviar Green (3GB/S). Trying to get it replaced to a 6GB/S. Is it possible?

SMPS / PSU -> Corsair TX550M. [Got it as a replacement for my my VX550W. Just arrived last night].

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
-> CPU -> Intel Coreâ„¢ i5-3570 Processor OR

Intel Coreâ„¢ i5-3570K Processor

Motherboard -> ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 OR

GIGABYTE G1 Sniper M3 LGA 1155.

Cooler -> Corsair Hydro H100.

GPU -> MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 OR MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GeForce GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 OR

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 OR

MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16.

(Slight differences between the N570 and the Two N560's, but pretty confused hence please do help me out. I know I've also kept a N670, keeping that as an option as well. But please do help me out with the N570 & N560's).

RAM -> 4GBx2, Gskill Ripjaws / Corsair Vengeance Black 1600 MHZ.
[CPU doesn't support above 1600 without Overclocking :'(. Please correct me if I'm wrong.]

HDD -> Corsair Force GT SSD 120 / 240GB OR Corsair Performance Pro SSD 256GB.
(Confused here as well. Kindly help.)

CASE -> Corsair 600T Graphite Series Mid tower. [Haven't decided on the color].

PSU -> I already have a brand new Corsair TX550M which I got as a replacement for my VX550W. Will it be sufficient enough?
[Please help me out here].

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
-> Not for the next 2-3 years, EASY!

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
-> Mumbai,
Online,
Not quite sure about the TE dealer (No offense).

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market?
-> No.

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
-> Gaming,
Browsing,
Downloading movies [Maybe 24x7],
Watching HD movies,
Rendering videos. [Learning how to make and render high quality videos].

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
-> I've already specified what brand I prefer above ^^.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
-> Strategy,
FPS,
Racing,
Arcade,
If any more types, will be playing them also ^^.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
-> My Dell 24" Full HD supports 1920x1080. (That's the resolution I'm always at whether it be in-game / otherwise).

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
-> NOT at the moment, but maybe 3 years down the line :p.

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
-> Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

I haven't calculated how much this is going to cost me, but I'm assuming that's its between 60k <-> 70k. Please confirm if possible :).

Kindly please help me out,

Thank you,

Regards,
Sai:).

@snoopy.sai this is what I suggest --

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4200/- OR Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/- [the Corsair H100 cooler will set you back by ~7500/-]
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~12500/- OR ASUS MAXIMUS GENE-Z V ~16000/- [the ASUS SABERTOOTH will set you back by approximately ~18000/-]
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3600/-
AMD HD7870 ~23000/- OR wait till nVidia's GTX660Ti to release later this month, its performance is astounding and should hopefully trigger a price-war in the mid-range cards.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/- [main repository for all games and other applications that you use but cannot fit on the SSD, use your WD Green Edition drive as a data dump]
Crucial M4 120GB ~8000/- OR OCZ Vertex4 120GB ~8000/- [use this SSD as a primary-OS drive]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- [the Corsair Graphite 600T will set you back by ~9500/-] OR stick with your current cabinet the Tempest EVO is a neat piece of kit.

If you do not want to over-clock [after 3 years you might as well invest in a RIG then] --
Intel Core i5 3550 ~13500/- [no need of any fancy cooling]
Intel DH77KC ~7000/- [no need to spend extra on a Z77 chipset when you will not exploit it fully]
[rest configuration same as above]

Here are your answers for the other queries --
  • You can RMA your WD drive but whether they replace it OR return you your original piece [for want of any issues] is at their discretion.
  • the GTX 560Ti and GTX570 are completely outclassed by the AMD HD78** series cards which in-turn will be eclipsed by the nVidia GTX660Ti.
  • The Intel Ivy-Bridge CPU / motherboard chipset support memory speeds upto ~2400MHz though investing in anything over 1600MHz is useless as the performance stagnates OR is not relevant to real-world performance.
Hope this helps. Cheerio!

P.S. -- almost missed this most important part, the Corsair TX550M will be able to take the heat just that if you start over-clocking please remain within limits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your hardwork, Alpha.

After reading your suggestions, I have a few changes of my own.

I'll be going for the Sabertooth, since I'm into aesthetics and I really <3'd the Sabertooth mobo in terms of its looks. I know it's a little overboard on the price, but i'll manage to squeeze it in. [I'm pretty surprised no one suggests the Gigabyte Sniper M3 mobo, from the specifications, it's a pretty neat board, and it's price is also very decent for such a high end board. If possible someone please tell me why no one suggests that board]

Regarding the CPU, I'm not sure what whether i'll be going for the normal one or the -K one, since TBH I don't think i'll even wanna overclock this system for atleast 3 years.

CPU Cooler -> I guess I'll use the stock cooler for now that is given along every Intel CPU chip. Might look into cooling solutions later on as a small upgrade.

RAM -> I had no idea that the price for the Gskill Ripjaws 4GBx2 [1600MHZ] was only around 4k. I was calculating it to be 7.5k'ish.

About the GPU, I've tried different combinations in the past i.e AMD x Nvidia, Intel x ATI, but for the past 4 years, I've been into Intel x Nvidia combo and been satisfied with it. So I'll take your suggestion on the GPU and wait for the GTX660Ti to release.

HDD -> Since I already have a 2TB Carviar Green, I'll be only buying a Corsair 240GB SSD. [The reason for the 240 being, it'll be having windows (updates and the common windows applications) + some heavy softwares (Adobe, video rendering tools etc.) + also it'll have 2-3 games that I play the most (Dota 2, WoW and maybe 1 newly released game). The rest of the data (audio, video, games, etc.) will be dumped into the WD 2TB.

CASE -> The reason I'm going for the Corsair 600T is because I've some plans on that particular case.

I don't plan on upgrading my Rig for a good 3-4 years once I get my hands on this, and even if I do, I'll be only upgrading small parts (maybe an additional HDD, power supply).
I was quite surprised when I read your post about the TX550M would be sufficient enough. I was actually planning to go for the AX850 or something :p.

Regarding OC, I'm pretty sure that I WILL NOT be overclocking my system for at-least 2 years and I'm pretty sure that this config will help me play games that release after 2-3 years even on HIGH Graphic setting. [Won't be unhappy coming down from maybe Ultra-High to High graphic setting]. I'll only be overclocking the system maybe after 3.5 years'ish, when Intel comes out with better CPU's that gives out very high performance as compared to my CPU.

Bottom line -> I don't wish to make any MAJOR upgrades to my system for the next 4 years at-least.

Also if anyone has any more suggestions about fine-tuning my Rig, please do post your suggestions and tips :)

Also please explain to some of the questions that are there on this post. [G1 Sniper, CPU choice, PSU upgrades? etc.]

Thank you,

Regards,
Sai:).

I'll be going for the Sabertooth, since I'm into aesthetics and I really <3'd the Sabertooth mobo in terms of its looks. I know it's a little overboard on the price, but i'll manage to squeeze it in. [I'm pretty surprised no one suggests the Gigabyte Sniper M3 mobo, from the specifications, it's a pretty neat board, and it's price is also very decent for such a high end board. If possible someone please tell me why no one suggests that board]

Regarding the CPU, I'm not sure what whether i'll be going for the normal one or the -K one, since TBH I don't think i'll even wanna overclock this system for atleast 3 years.

CPU Cooler -> I guess I'll use the stock cooler for now that is given along every Intel CPU chip. Might look into cooling solutions later on as a small upgrade.

The main reason with recommending the GIGABYTE motherboard is the factor of personal usage. Most members here can testify the veracity of the ASUS offerings and many people own it too.

If you do not want to over-clock for atleast 2 years, stick to a non-k processor + H77 based motherboard instead of splurging money and not getting its worth. In this case you should aim for the --
Intel Core i5 3550 ~13500/-
Intel DH77-KC ~7000/- OR ASUS P8H77-V ~9500/- [I know these motherboards are far removed from aesthetic pleasantry but why spend extra on features you are not in need]
[rest configuration same-same]

With a non-k processor you need not invest in an third-party cooler. In case the temperatures are out of the normal ranges then it will be better that you reseat and re-TIM the processor.

Another issue I would like to raise is about your hard-drive, the Western Digital Green Edition drives are not exactly super-reliable when placed under constant read / write operations and have failed a lot under such circumstances, so I would urge you to reconsider getting a 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 drive [64MB].

For the SSD try to stick to --
Corsair Force GT 240GB ~15700/- OR
SanDisk Extreme 240GB ~15800/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Intel Core i5 3570k ~15500/- + Thermalright Silver Arrow ~4200/- OR Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/- [the Corsair H100 cooler will set you back by ~7500/-]
ASUS P8Z77-M PRO ~12500/- OR ASUS MAXIMUS GENE-Z V ~16000/- [the ASUS SABERTOOTH will set you back by approximately ~18000/-]
G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 ~3600/-
AMD HD7870 ~23000/- OR wait till nVidia's GTX660Ti to release later this month, its performance is astounding and should hopefully trigger a price-war in the mid-range cards.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB ~5000/- [main repository for all games and other applications that you use but cannot fit on the SSD, use your WD Green Edition drive as a data dump]
Crucial M4 120GB ~8000/- OR OCZ Vertex4 120GB ~8000/- [use this SSD as a primary-OS drive]
HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5500/- [the Corsair Graphite 600T will set you back by ~9500/-] OR stick with your current cabinet the Tempest EVO is a neat piece of kit.

:bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

Back