Audio Planning to buy Sennheiser RS 175

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I sold off my Onkyo 3400 and I was thinking of buying a MARANTZ NR1504 and probably a 2.0/2.1 speaker setup coz then I would not have to worry about setting up the rear speakers. But if I think rationally then this would not be a wise buy either as I hardly switched on the Onkyo even once a month.

The advantage of going with a headphone then are twofold. One I can listen to anything at the volume I want without disturbing others and second the audio clarity of a headphone can only be beaten by speakers which are multiple times their cost.

A wireless headphone will also give me the freedom of listening without making others play hop-skip-jump and me worrying about where and how far to sit. The Sennheiser RS series will also let me connect two headphones (when I buy the other unit) to one base unit. Helps to watch TV at different volumes with someone else at home.

So with all that I mind I have narrowed down to the RS 175 and this ebay listing http://www.ebay.in/itm/261978036513 looks pretty good. I just need your blessings and support or comments and suggestions to make my next audio purchase without any apprehensions.

What say?

Sennheiser, buy in store. Warranty for online purchases depends on the seller and platform.

Back