Video Plasma TV with Component Out for HD

jennifer123

Disciple
Friends,

I am looking for a 42" Plasma or LCD TV, But I need the component Out feature badly. I heard LG TVs have component Out, but my question is, will it only output the SD/TV Signal or for HD input too... Means, if I feed the TV with HDMI/DVI input, will I still get the output through Component Out(SD signal Output is ok).

Why I am asking is, I have to connect another TV with the component output. If its HD, it will be better, but SD out is also OK. So i will have one computer with two TV outs.

Anybody having LG-42LH35FR, can please confirm this feature? Or any other TVs?

No, You are mistaken. I have a computer with one HDMI out. Now I want to connect 2 TVs with it.

One Plasma from PC's HDMI out and another CRT thru the component output of the plasma.

How far is the CRT going to be from the LCD/Plasma. If it is going to be far consider RF-modulated output. In other words, the video signal would be modulated on channel 3/4 frequency and that would allow the signal to be carried longer. Most TVs have this output, but, it would be SD.

You'd be watching the same source on two screens placed close to each other? I'm extremely curious to know why !!

You'd be watching the same source on two screens placed close to each other? I'm extremely curious to know why !!

Its for a show-off.

But I wonder why LG LCD/Plamsa TVs has a Component out feature? Is it only for Cable TV input or even for HDMI it will work? Please someone confirm this feature.

Back