Please advise a decent IEM

Sei

Skilled
I am looking for a decent IEM for my HD7. The stock headphones are crap. I am almost ready to go in for the EP-630 but the 830 is just Rs 300 extra and I am confused between the two.

Or is there any other IEM I should go in for? Don't really have much knowledge about it.

Is your budget limited to only sub-600 bucks? If yes then get the Marshmallow over the PL-11. The quality of bass and overall sound quality is better than the PL-11, even if only by a slight measure (according to some folks). But the build quality of the PL-11 is suspect. The Marshmallow has been around for nearly a year and there haven't been many complaints regarding its build.

If however, you can extend your budget to 1-1.5 K levels, then would advise the Brainwavz Pro-Alpha. Sounds almost similar to the M1 (is more fun sounding compared to the M1's neutral signature). Has a lower impedance (16 ohms) than the M1 which means you can easily use it with your phone. M1 needs a powerful source owing to its high impedance (32 ohms).

Gannu said:

Wow.. Didn't even know about this :ashamed:

eternoMind said:
Is your budget limited to only sub-600 bucks? If yes then get the Marshmallow over the PL-11. The quality of bass and overall sound quality is better than the PL-11, even if only by a slight measure (according to some folks). But the build quality of the PL-11 is suspect. The Marshmallow has been around for nearly a year and there haven't been many complaints regarding its build.

If however, you can extend your budget to 1-1.5 K levels, then would advise the Brainwavz Pro-Alpha. Sounds almost similar to the M1 (is more fun sounding compared to the M1's neutral signature). Has a lower impedance (16 ohms) than the M1 which means you can easily use it with your phone. M1 needs a powerful source owing to its high impedance (32 ohms).

I don't want to extend my budget since I really don't have an ear for detail. Decent sound quality will be good enough for me.

So, I should go for the JVC Marshmallow over the PL-11 and the EP 630?

Sei said:
So, I should go for the JVC Marshmallow over the PL-11 and the EP 630?

I would certainly say so. It would have been an easy decision actually had the JVC carried a full-years worth of warranty instead of the 4 months and some extra accessories like the PL-11.

Refer these threads once before making a decision,

Help me choose between EP-630 and JVC Marshmallow

JVC Marshmallow Vs. Creative EP630 Vs Meelec M2P

Which budget earphones/iem for SGS?

Bass earphones under Rs 1000

Soundmagic PL11 or JVC Marshmallow

People say the bass on the jvc is low than the pl-11.
So if you like the boom effect get the pl-11.
The pro alpha too has suspect build quality but its overall quality is said to be better than the jvc or the pl -11's.

^ Damn, now I realize how much more difficult it is shopping for an IEM. Listening to music is such a personal experience.

Anyways, I think I will go in for the JVCs for now. Thank you everyone! :)

Ya go ahead !

Even I got one after searching a lot and really love them :)

Also build quality is good, so no problem in carrying around while you are travelling...

Back