CPU/Mobo Please compare p35 n nforce 680i n 650i

lok_b

Disciple
Hi,
please gimme an insight regarding these three motherboards. I'm planning to upgrade my Pc in coming days.
This is what I ve decided

processor - E 6750

mobo - pl suggest me among the three .i dont need a onboard graphics as i would be going for graphics card . the mobb should be future proof for atleast two years. pl gimme the merits and demoerits of all the three. budget could be 8k to 8.5k.

graphics card - 8600gt planning to go for XFX .( p suggest me anythin better at this budget.

Ram - 2GB of Ram planning to go for transcend DDR2 667.(suggestions are always welcome)

monitor - 19" TFT wide screen.( suggest me a good one I'm quite skeptical about Viewsonic as there are many complaints floating in the forums.)

harddisk - WD 320 SATA ii (suggestions are welcome)

cabinet - planning to go for a Zebronics .(any other suggestion in the same price range.

PSU - 500W Zebronics (i think this is the best VFM .what u guys think)

then A MS keyboard and mouse combo.

Is 500w psu enough i woud not be overclocking much.

i would need a pc which would play most of the games at decent resolution and some photshopwork.

please feel frree enough to pour in your suggestions as it would b appreciated. i would also need the key difference between the chipsets p35 - nforce 650i and 680i.

thanks in advance for the help.:clap:

imo the P35 has a slight advantage ....since i dont own one i wouldn't comment on the stability but of all the reviews I have read ...it seems to be a god board to opt for

the 680i is available in a lot of flavours so check them before u take the final call

in india XFX is the best brand to buy a gfx card ...though u end up paying a premium for the brand name...check out if u can get a 8600GTS of some other brand(BIG,zebronics,forsa(not sure)) which is closer in terms of priceto the XFX8600GT...those extra bucks will offer u bertter performance compared to the

Viewsonic ROX ...they offer great display's at competitive prices.....besides they have this on-site warranty thingy ...where in u call them and they come to your place for repairs u dont have to carry the monitor

as for the PSU get the Cooler Master Extreme ..jesal has been using it on the E6750 with the 8600GT

Nice config dude. Just get a better PSU. And i am myself using Viewsonic monitor and it ROX. Model is VG1930WM. I have recently assembled a new system. Mobo, i cant help much, but P35 is surely better since its newer version. :lol:

But i guess all three support 45nm processors. :)

you can go for a galaxy gfx card also i'de go for 650 since overclocking is not an issue for this mobo.
abhisheksahas said:
imo the P35 has a slight advantage ....since i dont own one i wouldn't comment on the stability but of all the reviews I have read ...it seems to be a god board to opt for

the 680i is available in a lot of flavours so check them before u take the final call

in india XFX is the best brand to buy a gfx card ...though u end up paying a premium for the brand name...check out if u can get a 8600GTS of some other brand(BIG,zebronics,forsa(not sure)) which is closer in terms of priceto the XFX8600GT...those extra bucks will offer u bertter performance compared to the

Viewsonic ROX ...they offer great display's at competitive prices.....besides they have this on-site warranty thingy ...where in u call them and they come to your place for repairs u dont have to carry the monitor

as for the PSU get the Cooler Master Extreme ..jesal has been using it on the E6750 with the 8600GT

hunter said:
Nice config dude. Just get a better PSU. And i am myself using Viewsonic monitor and it ROX. Model is VG1930WM. I have recently assembled a new system. Mobo, i cant help much, but P35 is surely better since its newer version. :lol:
But i guess all three support 45nm processors. :)

Thanks a ton for the reply guys.::eek:hyeah: hap2:

guys gimme few inputs reg the main differences between the three boards.

i feel p35 chipsets are costly do they have real VFM. i had planned for asus p5NE SLI .what do you guys say about it. which one u guys prefer XFX 650 i or 680i or P5NESLi. :huh: please do gimme some info reg the price too preferrably at bangalore:huh:

This page should give you a good comparison between the 650i and the 680i:

Features & Benefits

Not sure how to compare the P35.. the P35 would deliver the highest outright performance, but as you say it is a bit expensive.

Among the 650i boards, the XFX 650i is supposed to be better than the Asus P5N-E SLI (if you can do without SLI).

Crazy_Eddy said:
This page should give you a good comparison between the 650i and the 680i:
Features & Benefits

Not sure how to compare the P35.. the P35 would deliver the highest outright performance, but as you say it is a bit expensive.

Among the 650i boards, the XFX 650i is supposed to be better than the Asus P5N-E SLI (if you can do without SLI).

Thanks a ton buddy.:clap:
one more doubt if i buy a sli board will two 8600gts perform better than one 8800. how does sli help? is the dough spent on sli worth it.:huh:

lok_b said:
Thanks a ton buddy.:clap:
one more doubt if i buy a sli board will two 8600gts perform better than one 8800. how does sli help? is the dough spent on sli worth it.:huh:

A single 8800GTS will be faster in most cases. SLI only helps if you are putting in two ultra high end cards. No use whatsoever using cheapo 8600GT/GTS cards. You are better off with a single 8800GTS.

Back