Audio Please help finding me these screws

prime

Skilled
I need to buy these screws to wall mount my speakers. Where can I get it from? Any online link please.

Attachments

• Screenshot (194).png
    Screenshot (194).png
    42.4 KB · Views: 144
Hey I have had a similar requirement in the past, tried many hardware shops but none had it, one smart gentleman at the HW shop told me to try a cycle shop as that's a common size they use, and I indeed got it there. The cycle shop won't know the dimensions, best to take the speaker there and check before you buy. A motorcycle shop may have it too.

Sorry, I know you are looking for online, but offline might be cheaper and faster.

Last edited:
Thats a 1/4 inch screw, so its a imperial screw. Most automobiles only use metric screw, so a dedicated fastner store will have them, although most may only stock metric screw. Its not that hard to find. In bangalore shops in SP road will usually have them.

What you essentially need is a fastener with 6.35mm (1/4") diameter and a 1.27mm (20 threads per inch) thread pitch. Local hardware stores are probably your best best, and if in doubt, you can possibly measure this in the shop, before you buy. As already pointed out, this is an imperial size, so you can eliminate metric sizes (M2, M3, etc.).

You can check digikey.in , a few days back , i was also in the hunt for some screws for my diy projects , was able to find it on digikey.in . If you post a picture of the original speakers with model number , that surely does help in identifying the type of screws needed and also a possible source for it .

1/4-20 is a normal camera tripod screw (Smaller diameter one used to mount DSLRs etc to tripods, and not the larger 3/8-16 sizes used to mount video heads).

You're looking for a bolt with the following specs:
Thread Diameter: 1/4 inch
Thread Pitch: 1/20 inch (i.e. Threads per Inch: 20)
Screw Length: at least 0.7 or 3/4 inch

This is not a rare bolt; try the local hardware store and ask for 1/4-20 BSW. You can carry along a camera to test the thread by screwing the bolt into the tripod hole at the bottom.

Else if you really need to buy online, this might be a decent candidate.

You can check digikey.in , a few days back , i was also in the hunt for some screws for my diy projects , was able to find it on digikey.in . If you post a picture of the original speakers with model number , that surely does help in identifying the type of screws needed and also a possible source for it .
How much time does the stuff need to arrive for Digikey ? I suppose all items get shipped from US. And shipping is on a higher side unless you buy stuff worth 7k or more -

Back