Budget 71-90K Please help to review/recommend PC build

adi8ya

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • max 90k (but ideally want to keep as lowest as possible) (this includes monitor as well)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • i5-8250u + MX150 laptop
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • keyboard and mouse only
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU/Processor - Ryzen 5 5600 (fixed)
    • GPU - AMD RX 6700 XT (need recommendation for company)
    • Motherboard - ASRock B550/M Pro4 (fixed)
    • RAM/Memory - 16GB (8x2) for now - (need recommendation)
    • PSU/SMPS - Deepcool PM650D 80+ Gold (need recommendation)
    • Case/Cabinet - Ant Esports ICE-511MT (need recommendation)
    • Monitor/Display - Gigabyte G24F 1080p 165Hz (mostly fixed but recommendation appreciated)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 (any recommendation here?)
    • RAM - 16GB more (8x2) same modules that i will purchase right now
    • Storage - 1TB M.2 SSD (probably crucial p2/p3) OR 2TB 7200RPM HDD (Seagate or WD)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Delhi (i live in NCR)
    • Open to online purchase
    • Open to TE deals as well
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes (already looking for a motherboard)
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Watching UHD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • i am a first time buyer, but a long time lurker, no specific dislike
    • want to stay away from MSI as I've heard their after sales service is terrible.
    • if you guys can educate me more on this, I'll appreciate it.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • This is my first PC so i will want to play every game that i can get my hands on and time for
    • mostly Open World (AC:V, RDR2), FPS (COD,R6S,OW2) etc
    • some racing as well
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. I'll stick to single monitor for now for gaming - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Nope (maybe after 2 years? if required and hardware allows)
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11/10
Hi Everyone,
After waiting and saving for so long, i am finally building PC for the first time, i have searched a lot and came up with this
1. AMD Ryzen 5 5600 (non X)
2. Asus Dual Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB - looking to buy this as a new 6700xt is better than a new 3060Ti, talking about new as i'll be buying this only on EMI from MDcomputers, i could buy used GPU on here but i don't suppose people here do EMIs. Now, if you have any recommendation for other company apart from ASUS like Powercolor, Sapphire or ASRock from any other online retailer that could do EMI, please suggest. going for asus only by brand value and look of GPU
3. Asrock B550M Pro4 or B550 Pro4 - (whichever i can find), or looking at ASRock B450/M Pro4 if i cannot find 550, I've also posted here as looking to buy, i am fixed on this. (but still, what are your thoughts?)
4. Adata XPG Gammix D30 8GB 3200MHz (x2) - looking for cheapest and stable 3200Mhz C16 not interested in RGB, have any recommendations? (i found G-Skill Ripjaws, Corsair Vengeance LPX, Teamgroup Vulcan)
5. DeepCool PM650D - this was something i found to be good, but totally welcome recommendation, what i am looking for is a stable and long lasting PSU that will protect my components even if that means spending 4-5k (not above that though) and i think 650W should suffice for my setup.
6. Ant esports 511MT - again, just found it to be good searching online, but totally up for suggestion. wanted to for front mash case that comes with (4) fans as well, hence saw this, also, the mobo would fit in this right? it gets hot here in summers.
7. Gigabyte G24F - all the reviews i've seen about this says it is best monitor in this price class, other was the Acer Nitro, what are your thoughts?
8. Cooler - Hyper 212, online i found to be a good budget air cooler, which i will upgrade later from stock cooler when GPU EMI are finished in summers.
9. Storage - i already have 2 250GB M.2 SSD that i can make use of (hence my main motive to go for a mobo with 2 M.2 Slots), until i buy a crucial 1TB p2/p3 m.2 or 2TB HDD for storage in next month or two, i'll keep 1 250GB as boot drive.

Thank you if you have read this far. i would absolutely require and appreciate any help you can give here.
now some misc queries i have.
i made all this using reddit+online_search+pcpricetracker site
how trustworthy are all the retailers on pcpricetracker?
it is my first build, and i've literally saved for so long, hence i am a bit nervous and want to make absolute best decision regarding this and get best value for money, don't want to regret any decision later on whether due to quality or price
i've only done online research till now, yet to visit Nehru Place for offline search and quotations. people who have seen or already did that, what are your thoughts? i have no bias for offline or online, i only want where i can get cheaper, but offline does have the advantage of seeing the product before buying, so don't have to get into issues of returning or things like that.
if any TE member have any sources/deals for any parts mentioned here, feel free to PM me.

i will be active on this post and hearing an taking into account each and every word of advice. please help!!!

• See if you can up your budget for an 8-core chip. See if you can get a used 5800X (new one costs around 23k).
    • ASUS TUF or Sapphire.
    • I would not touch ASRock mobos, especially given that Gigabyte and ASUS B550M ones are available under 10k. Do not fall for Pro monicker. This is usually misleading.
    • Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz. AMD chips love faster memory.
    • No change here.
  • Monitor/Display - Gigabyte G24F 1080p 165Hz (mostly fixed but recommendation appreciated)

• I would not touch ASRock mobos, especially given that Gigabyte and ASUS B550M ones are available under 10k. Do not fall for Pro monicker. This is usually misleading.

Asrock B550/M Pro4 is a nicely performing well-featured mobo. Yes, ASrock had some driver issues in the past but they were resolved with updates. B550 is a mature platform now and there should not be any issues. Gigabyte and Asus entry level mobos are not as good as this one, but prices fluctuate a lot so do check other models. E.g. Aorus Pro/Elites are usually better than same-priced models.

i would personally go with 3060ti as nvidia has more benefiting application support and for 1080p that card atm is overkill anyway so you are good for long time.
you also get access to dlss so you can use both fsr and dlss in games. not to mention you can easily play games on RT with that card. future games are going to be on RT so better future proof your system

i would personally go with 3060ti as nvidia has more benefiting application support and for 1080p that card atm is overkill anyway so you are good for long time.
you also get access to dlss so you can use both fsr and dlss in games. not to mention you can easily play games on RT with that card. future games are going to be on RT so better future proof your system
3060Ti is not that great for Ray tracing. Ray tracing requires way too much compute power and the performance drops on 3060/3060Ti are just not worth it. Not to mention that you have to sit an analyse a scene to even know the difference between RT and non-RT lighting in most current gen games.

And this is going to be the case for at least another 3-4 years. Ray tracing has a long way to go. Buying anything below 3080 for ray tracing performance is a complete waste because they're not powerful enough. You can just turn off RT and crank up other settings to get better visuals on 6700XT as compared to 3060Ti.

6700XT is a far better choice for gaming if it's available at similar price.

For the CPU, you can consider the i3 12100F as well, to cut some costs. It's good enough for anything at 1080p.

For the GPU, you can't go wrong with either the 3060 Ti or the 6700 XT. You get the benefits of RT with the 3060 Ti and the extra VRAM with the RX 6700 XT. Take your pick based on your past experience with either company.

For the PSU, I wouldn't suggest the PM650D, since it doesn't have any tests or reviews to back it up. Get the XPG Pylon or Asus Tuf Gaming Bronze.

Asrock B550/M Pro4 is a nicely performing well-featured mobo. Yes, ASrock had some driver issues in the past but they were resolved with updates. B550 is a mature platform now and there should not be any issues. Gigabyte and Asus entry level mobos are not as good as this one, but prices fluctuate a lot so do check other models. E.g. Aorus Pro/Elites are usually better than same-priced models.
Issue is not with performance. They are much like Inno3D, Colorful brands in GPU sector. The concern here is with Asrock's RMA and after sales support. It is not on par with Gigabyte/ASUS. There is not much to do with a budget B550. Its not like people will cram in a 7900X CPU and a 3090 or 4090 on a budget B550 mATX board to overload capacitors.

To be frank, there is no need for B550 for this build. I purchased ASUS TUF Gaming full-ATX board for some 9k and it has been perfect since early 2021 (5800X CPU).

And yes, I would up the budget just a big to 10k and get GIGABYTE B550M AORUS ELITE or MSI B550M Pro-VDH. Both have better VRMs as per Reddit.
3060Ti is not that great for Ray tracing. Ray tracing requires way too much compute power and the performance drops on 3060/3060Ti are just not worth it. Not to mention that you have to sit an analyse a scene to even know the difference between RT and non-RT lighting in most current gen games.

And this is going to be the case for at least another 3-4 years. Ray tracing has a long way to go. Buying anything below 3080 for ray tracing performance is a complete waste because they're not powerful enough. You can just turn off RT and crank up other settings to get better visuals on 6700XT as compared to 3060Ti.

+1 on this. I would rather take atleast a 3070 Ti and have room for RT or for 2K gaming if display upgrade happens in the future. I am using 3070 Ti with 5800X and with RT on (2K 144Hz), the frame rate drops a bit (though the gameplay remains super smooth). Also, most games are yet to nail ray tracing.

Last edited:
  • CPU/Processor - Since you're building for gaming, I would suggest 5800X3D or go with alder lake, especially 13600 [Non K, Non F (so that you get the iGPU)]. AMD is good price/performance only in developed countries and not here in India or developing countries.
  • GPU - Stick with nVidia unless you're gonna use Linux as the primary OS. People are selling 6 months old nVidia GPU's for almost half the price.
  • Motherboard - AMD motherboard's are a mess with TPM issues and USB issues[not just Ryzen series] and their AGESA updates are awful. Check r/AMD for issues. I'm saying this as an AMD user for more than 15 years. So if you're going with AMD, stick with Asus mid-end boards (yes, they cost more), their software team has good coders. Don't go for low end boards if you don't want to regret not spending ₹5K more.
  • RAM/Memory - Get 3600 CL16 and use BIOS settings to run it at 3200 CL16.
  • PSU/SMPS - https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/ [Get atleast TIER B PSU]
  • Case/Cabinet - [100% your choice]
  • Monitor/Display - Either get 144Hz or 240Hz that has FreeSync Premium (no need for Premium Pro), don't pay nvidia tax for g-sync certified, just make sure that the display works with g-sync (usually called g-sync compatible) too (google it). You won't see much difference between 144 & 165. [sauce: csgo addict]

All these wonderful comments are with respect to the components.

My advise is regarding something else. I made a trip to Nehru place yesterday. Be very specific about the components. Take a few pictures of the exact model. Most shop won't be able to give you Asrock Mobo. I was enquiring about the steel legend model and most of the shops did not have that. Some shops actually asked "Asrock company ka naam hai ?".

COST TO COST is a good shop which will have a variety of components but their prices are slightly higher than online. Other shops will try to upsell you the regular ASUS / MSI / GIGABYTE budget mobo. And if they don't have components of your choice then they will try to misguide you ( like they will say that Mobo has bios issues; company has stopped making that model etc etc.)

My suggestion is to get only the Mobo from Local markets. Get other components from online. You will have better choice and price will be cheaper than Nehru place.

• See if you can up your budget for an 8-core chip. See if you can get a used 5800X (new one costs around 23k).
    • ASUS TUF or Sapphire.
    • Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz. AMD chips love faster memory.
    • No change here.

Hi! thanks for your input here, really appreciate it,
for CPU - right now i can only spare for 5600, but i am also thinking about upgrading to other cpu (5800x3d for example) down the line, 1-2 years. hence why i am looking for a b550 than b450
for GPU - tuf models are kinda expensive and out of stock where i could find, and i've heard that sapphire gives warranty from import date, not bill date, i myself was thinking about going for asus dual version (available on MDC for 35999), what are your thoughts on say asrock or powercolor
for mobo - dw i am not falling for any pr monicker, this really is just a very well performing board with all feature i required in budget hence why i wanted to go for it. but which exact GB and ASUS ones you'd suggest?
for RAM - genuinely asking, the cheapest 3200 (c16) is available for 2-2.1k, the cheapest 3600 (c18) i could find is about 2.7, will the price justify the performance? (i ahven't looked into it)

Exactly what i looked at!

i don't really care for RTX or other benefitting apps nvidia provides, what i looked at is the 6700xt and 3060ti costs similar new one, and former is better(and performs better) than the latter, this will be the only build for coming 5 years, and i suppose a 6700xt will help in increasing the longevity, even if it overkill rn, and i might go for a 1440p monitor in future if money will allow. also as another poster said, 6700xt will help me with 12GB VRAM as well.

that was my thought process too yes.

For the CPU, you can consider the i3 12100F as well, to cut some costs. It's good enough for anything at 1080p.

For the GPU, you can't go wrong with either the 3060 Ti or the 6700 XT. You get the benefits of RT with the 3060 Ti and the extra VRAM with the RX 6700 XT. Take your pick based on your past experience with either company.

For the PSU, I wouldn't suggest the PM650D, since it doesn't have any tests or reviews to back it up. Get the XPG Pylon or Asus Tuf Gaming Bronze.

for CPU, i3 will not be ideal for me, but yes, well said on GPU part.
for PSU, tuf bronze is 6k :( what are your exp with xpg pylon, it looks to be in budget.
i could see some review for pm650d (https://www.pctekreviews.com/Reviews/DEEPCOOL_PM650D.aspx) is this not looking good? saw some video on yt as well.

Issue is not with performance. They are much like Inno3D, Colorful brands in GPU sector. The concern here is with Asrock's RMA and after sales support. It is not on par with Gigabyte/ASUS. There is not much to do with a budget B550. Its not like people will cram in a 7900X CPU and a 3090 or 4090 on a budget B550 mATX board to overload capacitors.

To be frank, there is no need for B550 for this build. I purchased ASUS TUF Gaming full-ATX board for some 9k and it has been perfect since early 2021 (5800X CPU).

And yes, I would up the budget just a big to 10k and get GIGABYTE B550M AORUS ELITE or MSI B550M Pro-VDH. Both have better VRMs as per Reddit.

+1 on this. I would rather take atleast a 3070 Ti and have room for RT or for 2K gaming if display upgrade happens in the future. I am using 3070 Ti with 5800X and with RT on (2K 144Hz), the frame rate drops a bit (though the gameplay remains super smooth). Also, most games are yet to nail ray tracing.

thanks for your input here for asrock! i'll think about msi vdh if absolutely necessary.
for gpu - new 3070ti (~45k) are too expensive, i gotta buy gpu on emi and gotta draw the line at 35-36k.

• CPU/Processor - Since you're building for gaming, I would suggest 5800X3D or go with alder lake, especially 13600 [Non K, Non F (so that you get the iGPU)]. AMD is good price/performance only in developed countries and not here in India or developing countries.
  • GPU - Stick with nVidia unless you're gonna use Linux as the primary OS. People are selling 6 months old nVidia GPU's for almost half the price.
  • Motherboard - AMD motherboard's are a mess with TPM issues and USB issues[not just Ryzen series] and their AGESA updates are awful. Check r/AMD for issues. I'm saying this as an AMD user for more than 15 years. So if you're going with AMD, stick with Asus mid-end boards (yes, they cost more), their software team has good coders. Don't go for low end boards if you don't want to regret not spending ₹5K more.
  • RAM/Memory - Get 3600 CL16 and use BIOS settings to run it at 3200 CL16.
  • PSU/SMPS - https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/ [Get atleast TIER B PSU]
  • Case/Cabinet - [100% your choice]
  • Monitor/Display - Either get 144Hz or 240Hz that has FreeSync Premium (no need for Premium Pro), don't pay nvidia tax for g-sync certified, just make sure that the display works with g-sync (usually called g-sync compatible) too (google it). You won't see much difference between 144 & 165. [sauce: csgo addict]

For CPU - as i said above, right now i can only spare for 5600, but i am also thinking about upgrading to other cpu (5800x3d for example) down the line, 1-2 years.
for GPU - as i said above, i don't really care for RTX or other benefitting apps nvidia provides, what i looked at is the 6700xt and 3060ti costs similar new one, and former is better(and performs better) than the latter, this will be the only build for coming 5 years, and i suppose a 6700xt will help in increasing the longevity, and as you said about linux there's some chance i might have need for linux (i am in IT), so even though it's not the case right now, my future plan may include me installing linux on this.
for Motherboard - noted, i'll keep your comments in mind.
for RAM - any specific model suggestion for 3600 C16?
for PSU - again, any specific model suggestion with good price?
thanks for your input!

All these wonderful comments are with respect to the components.

My advise is regarding something else. I made a trip to Nehru place yesterday. Be very specific about the components. Take a few pictures of the exact model. Most shop won't be able to give you Asrock Mobo. I was enquiring about the steel legend model and most of the shops did not have that. Some shops actually asked "Asrock company ka naam hai ?".

COST TO COST is a good shop which will have a variety of components but their prices are slightly higher than online. Other shops will try to upsell you the regular ASUS / MSI / GIGABYTE budget mobo. And if they don't have components of your choice then they will try to misguide you ( like they will say that Mobo has bios issues; company has stopped making that model etc etc.)

My suggestion is to get only the Mobo from Local markets. Get other components from online. You will have better choice and price will be cheaper than Nehru place.

hey! really appreciate your comment on this, i was also thinking that buying online might be better after all.

Hi! thanks for your input here, really appreciate it,
for CPU - right now i can only spare for 5600, but i am also thinking about upgrading to other cpu (5800x3d for example) down the line, 1-2 years. hence why i am looking for a b550 than b450
for GPU - tuf models are kinda expensive and out of stock where i could find, and i've heard that sapphire gives warranty from import date, not bill date, i myself was thinking about going for asus dual version (available on MDC for 35999), what are your thoughts on say asrock or powercolor
for mobo - dw i am not falling for any pr monicker, this really is just a very well performing board with all feature i required in budget hence why i wanted to go for it. but which exact GB and ASUS ones you'd suggest?
for RAM - genuinely asking, the cheapest 3200 (c16) is available for 2-2.1k, the cheapest 3600 (c18) i could find is about 2.7, will the price justify the performance? (i ahven't looked into it)

Exactly what i looked at!

i don't really care for RTX or other benefitting apps nvidia provides, what i looked at is the 6700xt and 3060ti costs similar new one, and former is better(and performs better) than the latter, this will be the only build for coming 5 years, and i suppose a 6700xt will help in increasing the longevity, even if it overkill rn, and i might go for a 1440p monitor in future if money will allow. also as another poster said, 6700xt will help me with 12GB VRAM as well.

that was my thought process too yes.

for CPU, i3 will not be ideal for me, but yes, well said on GPU part.
for PSU, tuf bronze is 6k :( what are your exp with xpg pylon, it looks to be in budget.
i could see some review for pm650d (https://www.pctekreviews.com/Reviews/DEEPCOOL_PM650D.aspx) is this not looking good? saw some video on yt as well.

thanks for your input here for asrock! i'll think about msi vdh if absolutely necessary.
for gpu - new 3070ti (~45k) are too expensive, i gotta buy gpu on emi and gotta draw the line at 35-36k.

For CPU - as i said above, right now i can only spare for 5600, but i am also thinking about upgrading to other cpu (5800x3d for example) down the line, 1-2 years.
for GPU - as i said above, i don't really care for RTX or other benefitting apps nvidia provides, what i looked at is the 6700xt and 3060ti costs similar new one, and former is better(and performs better) than the latter, this will be the only build for coming 5 years, and i suppose a 6700xt will help in increasing the longevity, and as you said about linux there's some chance i might have need for linux (i am in IT), so even though it's not the case right now, my future plan may include me installing linux on this.
for Motherboard - noted, i'll keep your comments in mind.
thanks for your input!

hey! really appreciate your comment on this, i was also thinking that buying online might be better after all.
For the PSU, my recommendation will remain the XPG Pylon. PM650D will get the job done as well, I just don't recommend it because the XPG Pylon has much more tests and reviews.
For the motherboard, you're good with what you picked.
For the memory, you'll a slight bump in FPS with 3600 C18 over 3200 C16, but this will be more like 3-5 percent more.
Consider this-https://www.amazon.in/Kingston-FURY-3200MHz-Beast-KF432C16BB/dp/B097K5J1SB/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1GC50JZK3ZPYY&keywords=3200mhz+ram+8gb&qid=1672501266&sprefix=3200%2Caps%2C380&sr=8-4

thanks for your input!
RAM: Sorry, I meant 3600 C18 (not C16) as 3600 C16 will cost twice. I usually buy low profile RAM as I use huge CPU coolers. Brand does not matter and just the timings matter.

As I said, anything in TIER B, listed in that guide.

GPU: If you are not going to change GPU for another 5 years.

Below Gigabyte GPUs from Vedant Computers.
Gigabyte RX 6700 XT Gaming OC - 36999
Gigabyte RX 6750 XT Gaming OC - 37999

i have decided to go for a asus tuf 3070 ti now as it is better and got a good deal from TE, for less than these

RAM: Sorry, I meant 3600 C18 (not C16) as 3600 C16 will cost twice. I usually buy low profile RAM as I use huge CPU coolers. Brand does not matter and just the timings matter.

As I said, anything in TIER B, listed in that guide.

GPU: If you are not going to change GPU for another 5 years.

yes i've upped to gskill ripjaws 3600 c18, suggestion?

damn i totally forgot to update the thread

so here's the update

bought the 5600x and 3070ti from here on the forum
got a 1tb wd sn570 blue, msi b550m pro-vdh wifi, deepcool pm750d, ant esports ice-511mt, gigabyte g24f, and ram as mentioned above.

anything specific you'd like to know, you can dm me.

Back