Please recommend right Micro SD Memory Card for Galaxy s2

Guys need advice and very quickly

I and my son both Got Samsung Galaxy s2,s and are in search of Memory cards for these.
Advice is sought from Galaxy s2 users.

Is this 32GB Transcend microSD HCâ„¢ Memory Card +FREE SD ADAPTOR
FREE SHIPPING ::CLASS(4) :: ORIGINAL+BILL & 5-Yr WARNTY
a good card for this mobile ?
32GB Transcend microSD HC

Can some one comment from his experience is this enough for HD recording in Galaxy S2 ?
or

Is it absolutely recommended to use max 16 GB card ( as per a local mobile dealer ?)
Need help guys- have to buy the Cards to put phones to real use !

Since the phone supports maximum 32GB microSDHC memory cards, you can safely put in that card.

On the other hand, you can save some money and use either a 8GB or 16GB card, because the phone itself has 16GB internal memory. That is a LOT of memory TBH.

I got the Transcend 16GB Class 4 microSDHC card for Rs. 950/- from Nehru Place, New Delhi in June. With some coupons, you can get a similar card from eBay or Letsbuy.

Yes all these cards are sufficient for HD recording on the S2.

My 1000th post! :eek:hyeah:

im using a Sandisk 32gb card and i dont see any problem, if you are working on HD videos id recommend going for a higher class card as hd video sizes would be comparitively higher and a class 4-6 must be sufficient

vijayshimla said:
Thanks for the solid suggestion mate !

Did this come sealed with company warranty ?

Rest assured that the card purchased from Flipkart will be sealed and with company warranty.

ryanrulez4ever said:
im using a Sandisk 32gb card and i dont see any problem, if you are working on HD videos id recommend going for a higher class card as hd video sizes would be comparitively higher and a class 4-6 must be sufficient

Speeds is associated with xfer speeds and not access speeds.

So if your memory card is of higher class, the only difference it ll make is regarding when you would be transferring content to it. Not while accessing it.

Spacescreamer said:

So if your memory card is of higher class, the only difference it ll make is regarding when you would be transferring content to it. Not while accessing it.

i was talking about a TO and FRO transfer speeds while copying content to and and from the card, when it comes to HD footage we are talking of GBs, you wouldnt wanna wait long for the files to copy would you ?

That is absolutely subjective. Depends on person/budget/availability.

Unless you specify why are you recommending the higher class of memory card, the buyer very well might not know the reason. Only now you mention about the TO and FRO thingy. Half information doesnt do anybody any good.

Spacescreamer said:

So, no use of higher class memory cards other than fast transfer of data to PC :S Asking coz someone in MI-410 thread mentioned that his HD video capture was stuttery/low frame rates with normal microsd and it became smooth after getting a class 4/6 microsd card.

Well all the data i gone through has been pointing to improved speeds regarding the transfer of Data to and fro from PC.

The device you intend to use the memory card in has certain limitations so that thing at times should be kept in mind before thinking that higher class of cards actually will assist in good speeds during normal access (reading).

If indeed the speeds improved for that user, i am guessing class 2 prolly is uber slow for anything than simply using it for dumping the files only. Will try to dig more about this.

Back