Please share your experiences with RailWire wireless broadband or any other wireless broadband.

Navier

Disciple
So currently I have a bsnl ftth connection and its not working great, I am getting like 20 mbps in a 100 mbps plan.
The issue is there are no other operators available in my locality other then bsnl and Railwire which offers only wireless broadband (they also offer fiber, but distance from junction box to my house is large).
I contacted the railwire guy and he said it would cost me 5k for initial setup and 600 monthly charges for 50 mbps. An antenna will be installed on the roof and it would be safe from any fiber breakage.
I am tired of bsnl internet, it shows 100 mbps in speed tests, but actual performance is something else.

So if you use railwire, please share your experiences. Thanks.

From my experience of the Tikona, I'd never use wireless broadband given there are other choices. Such broadbands are highly unreliable compared to wired connections and as the number of users grow in the area, it starts to get slower.

Get a review of the service from the people around your area who have subscribed to it. You'll have a much better estimate than getting one from a random person who lives at a random place and may have a better service than the one in your area.

I have heard and seen first hand the horror stories of Tikona, but again, this is something that depends on where you live and how the service is, maybe find out from people who live in your area and have this connection?

Been using Railwire (railtel) for 6+ years now.
Initially I was on 10mbps plan but later switched to 100mbps (1200 INR including tax)
The only options I had when I got the connection were BSNL & Railwire.
2–3 years ago the situation was bad, high ping, packet loss and downtime a lot.
But since Covid situation improved, and they upgraded they infra., now I got almost 0 downtime.
Almost 0 downtime (pinging Cloudflare from my Pi)

From my experience of the Tikona, I'd never use wireless broadband given there are other choices. Such broadbands are highly unreliable compared to wired connections and as the number of users grow in the area, it starts to get slower.
I will look for some local isps, operated by cable operators.

Back