Monitors Please suggest 20" or 22" LCD Monitor for gaming under 15K

Gryph0n

Adept
I have a Samsung SynMaster 753s 17" CRT monitor that started ghosting recently. Since its around 4 yrs old, I think its time I replaced it.

I had built a rig recently, and asking around for the ViewSonic 19" CRT I found it priced (9K~10K) similarly to LCD Monitors at the same size . So I'm thinking that maybe I should go for LCD over CRT. This will be the first time I'm buying a LCD Monitor.

My primary usage is for gaming. Secondary usages are for browsing the web, and watching movies.

Please suggest a 20" or 22" LCD monitor that will fit my usage needs. Ideally I'd like this to be around 11K, but I'm willing to stretch my budget till 15K. The Monitor sizes I have in mind are from 20" till 22". I have a NVidia 8600GT with Dual DVI outputs, so I'm interested only in monitors with DVI connectors.

Please let me know if it makes sense to stick to CRT monitors or should I make the leap over to LCD?

If it matters, I'm in B'lore

IMO go for the LCD..

wait for the suggestions ..from some other members..

mostly..they will tell u to go for DELL ..its one of da best..and has really good after sales service...

you can also order from the DELL GO organized on TE..

its really cheap from the retail price...

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/go-lcd-monitors-19-20-22-a-103715.html

so here are the options in u r budget :

Dell Ultrasharp 1908FP 19 : 14800

Dell E228WFP 22 : 14000

Dell SP2008WFP 20 : 13700

Dell Ultrasharp2208WFP 22 : 14500

Dell SP2208WFP 22 : 16400

u will get suggestions from da experts...on which is the best..

For gaming I think the SP2208WFP may be a better choice. It has a response time of 2ms compared to the 5ms of the Ultrasharp.
For more general overall use I think the Ultrasharp would be better.

Just my opinion (may be wrong as I haven't seen either).

Back