PC Peripherals Please suggest a Gaming mouse for a Claw grip and under 2.5K

Mine is a claw grip and sometimes finger grip. I am looking for some good mouse . Can anyone suggest a good one under 2.5K ?

How about Razer DeathAdder ? Or is there a better one ? I dont like the mouse to be too light and really looking for a wired one.

Mine is a claw grip and sometimes finger grip. I am looking for some good mouse . Can anyone suggest a good one under 2.5K ?

How about Razer DeathAdder ? Or is there a better one ? I dont like the mouse to be too light and really looking for a wired one.

Well these are the mice that can come under your scanner --

Cooler Master STORM Spawn ~2100/- http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1093/pg1/cm-storm-spawn-gaming-mouse-review-introduction.html / http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=692&Itemid=65 OR STORM Xornet ~1500/- http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=590&Itemid=65

LOGITECH G300 ~1200/- http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510105-logitech-g300-review/ / http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/archives/2011/09/logitech-g300-g.html

For mouse-mat if you are going for any of the above, I suggest --

Cooler Master STORM Tactics Pad-M ~700/- http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2942/cooler_master_storm_sentinel_advance_cs_m_fps_tactics_pad/index.html

Razer Goliathus Control Edition [M size] ~700/-

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I am not looking for a mouse pad as of now. but will buy is soon.

Anyway I sometimes use the mouse on my bed , will it be compatible , i dont want to use a book or something , its annoying. Also is there any issues i should know of in this model ?
I dont want to the mouse too small either. My brother has R.A.T. 5 and i like the size and weight of it. Its claw grip right ?
added :
is CM storm a small mouse ? coz i had logitech m505 , which was too small for my liking
added 2 :
stumbled upon this list http://www.squidoo.com/best-claw-grip-mouse

I am not looking for a mouse pad as of now. but will buy is soon.

Anyway I sometimes use the mouse on my bed , will it be compatible , i dont want to use a book or something , its annoying. Also is there any issues i should know of in this model ?

I dont want to the mouse too small either. My brother has R.A.T. 5 and i like the size and weight of it. Its claw grip right ?

If you do not deploy the mouse-mat, you might not get optimum tracking performance from the mice. Also please note the poly-teflon feet might get damaged on rough usage with any other material apart from the mouse mat.

No the R.A.T. 5 is a Palm-Grip mouse for the main part, if you are confused about the various grips, read here.

Once you decide about which grip you use, I recommend the following mice --

LOGITECH G400 ~1600/-

LOGITECH G300 ~1200/-

Roccat Kova+ ~1800/-

Razer Death Adder ~2000/-

Cooler Master STORM Spawn ~2100/- OR STORM Xornet ~1500/-

If you want something that compares to the R.A.T. 5 -- Corsair Vengeance M60 ~3000/- [it has a rudimentary weight system too].

Google the reviews of the various mice, here are a few quirks I can tell about the LOGITECH G300 --
  • Small size is not really acceptable to everyone.
  • The sensor is not the fastest, so you might not enjoy it.
  • Very light-weight so again.

For the Cooler Master STORM Spawn / Xornet --
  • Restricted to the Claw-Grip gamers exclusively.
  • You will have to go through the various firmware updates [there are 3] and install the one which suits you.
  • Again not very heavy, so might not like it.
  • Has got a feature called angle-snapping, in games like Counter Strike it is okay, but in other shooters it is detrimental to your aiming.

If you do not deploy the mouse-mat, you might not get optimum tracking performance from the mice. Also please note the poly-teflon feet might get damaged on rough usage with any other material apart from the mouse mat.

No the R.A.T. 5 is a Palm-Grip mouse for the main part, if you are confused about the various grips, read here.

RAT5 is listed as claw grip in that link i gave .. When i got my logitech m505 , i didnt know about these grips . now after using that piece of ____ , i want a better suited mouse.

Once you decide about which grip you use, I recommend the following mice --

LOGITECH G400 ~1600/-

LOGITECH G300 ~1200/-

Roccat Kova+ ~1800/-

Razer Death Adder ~2000/-

Cooler Master STORM Spawn ~2100/- OR STORM Xornet ~1500/-

If you want something that compares to the R.A.T. 5 -- Corsair Vengeance M60 ~3000/- [it has a rudimentary weight system too].

Google the reviews of the various mice, here are a few quirks I can tell about the LOGITECH G300 --
  • Small size is not really acceptable to everyone.
  • The sensor is not the fastest, so you might not enjoy it.
  • Very light-weight so again.
For the Cooler Master STORM Spawn / Xornet --
  • Restricted to the Claw-Grip gamers exclusively.
  • You will have to go through the various firmware updates [there are 3] and install the one which suits you.
  • Again not very heavy, so might not like it.
  • Has got a feature called angle-snapping, in games like Counter Strike it is okay, but in other shooters it is detrimental to your aiming.

I use both my hands actually , so looking for some ambidextrous design too. from the list , it seems CM storm is the best one , but its not ambidextrous .. Also it seems in CM storm spawn , you can turn off the angle-snapping. again cmiiw.

any specific reason i should avoid these

Razer Abyssus

Corsair Vengeance M60

Roccat Kova+

RAT5 is listed as claw grip in that link i gave .. When i got my logitech m505 , i didnt know about these grips . now after using that piece of ____ , i want a better suited mouse.

I use both my hands actually , so looking for some ambidextrous design too. from the list , it seems CM storm is the best one , but its not ambidextrous .. Also it seems in CM storm spawn , you can turn off the angle-snapping. again cmiiw.

any specific reason i should avoid these

Razer Abyssus

Corsair Vengeance M60

Roccat Kova+

Out of the mice you have listed, my opinion will be that you look a these [because of their ergonomic shape] --
  • LOGITECH G300
  • Roccat Kova+

All the rest mice you have mentioned are not --
  • Ambidextrous [STORM Spawn / Xornet, Corsair M60]
  • Cheap [the Corsair M60 costs ~3000/-]
  • Feature rich [STORM Spawn / Xornet, Razer Abyssuss fit here]

Hope this answers your query. Cheers!!

Out of the mice you have listed, my opinion will be that you look a these [because of their ergonomic shape] --
  • LOGITECH G300
  • Roccat Kova+

All the rest mice you have mentioned are not --
  • Ambidextrous [STORM Spawn / Xornet, Corsair M60]
  • Cheap [the Corsair M60 costs ~3000/-]
  • Feature rich [STORM Spawn / Xornet, Razer Abyssuss fit here]

Hope this answers your query. Cheers!!

very well put , really very well put .. you have a nag of writing a different style of reply...

will decide on Logitech G300 (wire is bit crappy imo) and CM STORM spawn (almost the size of RAT5 ?)

roccat Kova+ have side buttons , which i will definitely accidentally press .. has been happening with RAT5.

One last doubt though , will get a pad , but till then , they have no issues if worked on bed right ? I mean like stuttering ?

One last doubt though , will get a pad , but till then , they have no issues if worked on bed right ? I mean like stuttering ?

Tracking might get affected, suggest that you make the area of the bed where you will place the mouse stiff, put a cardboard or similar material underneath so that the tracking and consequentially accuracy remains unaffected.

P.S. -- thank you for the compliment.

Tracking might get affected, suggest that you make the area of the bed where you will place the mouse stiff, put a cardboard or similar material underneath so that the tracking and consequentially accuracy remains unaffected.

P.S. -- thank you for the compliment.

thats what i am doing right now. Anyway thanks for all the help .

Sorry bumping this thread..

I almost decided to get CM storm Spawn a few month back , then due to other reasons , i had to postpone it. Good thing i postponed the purchase , i got to hear from my friend that CM storm has serious issues with firmware/sensor. So again decided to search , but couldnt get a fix. G300 looks good , but looking for something from steelseries , razer , roccat etc. You guys were right , the mouse without good mouse pads do spoil the mouse feets :( .

I can stretch my budget little more :D. Also any good mouse+mouse pad combo offer ?

@Naveen_Reloaded
By buying a combo you will save atmost 150-200 bucks , but what you will lose out is the freedom of choice , once you decide on a mouse google for user comments (though dont rely on it too much) for the mousepads which go well along with it . Some mouse when used with a particular mousepad are like a match made in heaven :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry bumping this thread..

I almost decided to get CM storm Spawn a few month back , then due to other reasons , i had to postpone it. Good thing i postponed the purchase , i got to hear from my friend that CM storm has serious issues with firmware/sensor. So again decided to search , but couldnt get a fix. G300 looks good , but looking for something from steelseries , razer , roccat etc. You guys were right , the mouse without good mouse pads do spoil the mouse feet.

Compared to what Cooler Master STORM SPAWN and LOGITECH G300 / 400 offer, the prospective SteelSeries mice that fall in your budget --
  • SteelSeries Kinzu
  • SteelSeries Ikari (optical)
are spartan on features (they are more oriented towards FPS + Palm Grip) and have a negligible warranty period in India. So best avoid.

ROCCAT Kova would have been a nice contender if it would have a customization driver, unfortunately it is a driver-less configuration.

Razer is pure over-rated stuff and has reported a lot of multi-click issues plaguing its backbone mice like the Death Adder, none of their budget mouse has a Claw-Grip ergonomic structure apart from the Abyssuss, the Death Adder for me is akin to palming the mouse thanks to its high hump.

For me the best option in your budget would be a -- LOGITECH G300 / 400 ~1500/- + Razer Goliathus OR Cooler Master STORM Tactics DC-M ~700/- mouse mat combo.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Naveen_Reloaded
By buying a combo you will save atmost 150-200 bucks , but what you will lose out is the freedom of choice , once you decide on a mouse google for user comments (though dont rely on it too much) for the mousepads which go well along with it . Some mouse when used with a particular mousepad are like a match made in heaven :) .

very true. I saw a combo from CM Storm , i think the mouse pad it accompanied in the combo (Actually an offer though) was small in size and entry level one. Thanks for the advice.

Compared to what Cooler Master STORM SPAWN and LOGITECH G300 / 400 offer, the prospective SteelSeries mice that fall in your budget --
  • SteelSeries Kinzu
  • SteelSeries Ikari (optical)
are spartan on features (they are more oriented towards FPS + Palm Grip) and have a negligible warranty period in India. So best avoid.

ROCCAT Kova would have been a nice contender if it would have a customization driver, unfortunately it is a driver-less configuration.

Razer is pure over-rated stuff and has reported a lot of multi-click issues plaguing its backbone mice like the Death Adder, none of their budget mouse has a Claw-Grip ergonomic structure apart from the Abyssuss, the Death Adder for me is akin to palming the mouse thanks to its high hump.

For me the best option in your budget would be a -- LOGITECH G300 / 400 ~1500/- + Razer Goliathus OR Cooler Master STORM Tactics DC-M ~700/- mouse mat combo.

I really loved steelseries sensei , but its way beyond my budget :( . But found that sensei raw is atleast 2K less . Here is the difference they posted in their site

IPAFe.png

Is it worth that money ?

also Kinzu is also good : Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

but since i am currently playing DOTA 2 , side buttons comes handy .

Also ikari is driverless right ? I heard there are problems with customizing the buttons.

I too heard about razer.

I might settle for g300 or g400 , but heard g400 iirc , is a palm grip mouse.

Thanks for your patience and reply. Atleast now i am able to rule out few mouse.

You can have a look at steelseries kinzu v2 pro @ 3k available here in Pune and selling like hot cakes. It has good spray control in CS also.. Heard from many pro gamers out here.

Is it worth that money ?

also Kinzu is also good : Steelseries Kinzu V2 Pro Edition Mouse | Mouse | Flipkart.com

but since i am currently playing DOTA 2 , side buttons comes handy .

Also ikari is driverless right ? I heard there are problems with customizing the buttons.

I too heard about razer.

I might settle for g300 or g400 , but heard g400 iirc , is a palm grip mouse.

The Sensei [RAW] does away with a lot of features that made the Sensei stand apart but it looks good, availability and warranty cover are two points where it falters.

The Kinzu v2 that you have tagged is closer in pricing to the LOGITECH G500 and the Corsair Vengeance M60 / M90 and those mice offer a lot more at that price, overrated and expensive; highly avoidable in my books.

Ikari has a very basic driver and customization options are all but neutered from it, will not recommend.

G400 is indeed a Palm-Grip mouse but can be used in a Claw + Fingertip-Grip mashup.

The Sensei [RAW] does away with a lot of features that made the Sensei stand apart but it looks good, availability and warranty cover are two points where it falters.

The Kinzu v2 that you have tagged is closer in pricing to the LOGITECH G500 and the Corsair Vengeance M60 / M90 and those mice offer a lot more at that price, overrated and expensive; highly avoidable in my books.

Ikari has a very basic driver and customization options are all but neutered from it, will not recommend.

G400 is indeed a Palm-Grip mouse but can be used in a Claw + Fingertip-Grip mashup.

I dont know what to choose. :(

Ruled out thus far

1.) CM storm spawn ( wish they didnt messed up their firmware )
2.) Razer DA (not a claw grip mouse)
3.) Sensei RAW (Too little options/features)
4.) G9x (Wish it was a little cheaper)
5.) Kinzu v2 (same as RAW)
6.) Cyborg RATS Series ( Have my bro`s RATS 5 , and feels something hitting my palm always , More over its oriented towards palm grip)

That leave us with

1.) Logitech G300 / G400
2.) Steelseries Ikari
3.) Corsair M60 ( Last time we omitted coz it wasnt ambidextrous , but i dont mind it now though , also for the price.)
4.) [strike]Razer Lachesis ?[/strike]
5.) any more suggestions ?

@ALPHA17 , Thanks a lot for your patient replies.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you really use side buttons? think closely then decide

Even though i rarely use the side buttons even in my current RATS 5 , but having those option is worthy right ? That too after spending 3k ? Or kindly correct me if i am wrong.

Sidebuttons are handy while browsing and for competitive Online FPS gaming . I use the sidebuttons to get flashbangs in my hand instantly in CS 1.6 and enabling the mic to chat inbetween game+ the usual back forward in browsing.

Back