Please suggest a very cheap laptop

gauravraw

Disciple
My friend requires a laptop to work on corel draw, photoshop, adobe pagemaker etc. (NO video editing, only still images) and also for the portability purpose so that he can show designs easily to the clients, but his budget is very low -- less than 20,000. Can someone suggest a laptop in that range please?

He's absolutely fine with 14" screen as at home he can connect his crt monitor to work.

Looking forward to some replies.

i too was suggesting the one put above by @darkangel ...it looks like the perfect fit in your budget...However it doesnt come with an OS...so add that!!!

how to claim warranty for MSI CR500?
&
how to add ram ..wish to get one with 4gb ram ..is there any extra slot in this model ?

buy a Toshiba or Asus 'cause these two will provide best build quality at 20k range.

Satellite C660-P5010 IntelDual Core P6200 (2.13GHz)/1GB DDR3/250GB/DVDRW/15.6" /No OS/Toshiba Backpack +Toshiba Mouse

add 1gb more

A42F-VX419D, Black, 14" HD Glare, Intel i-Core, P6200, (2.13G,3M), Intel GMA HD, 2G DDR3 1066, 500GB HDD

5400rpm, DVD RW 8X SM DL, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, 0.3M Webcam

neojjjk said:
how to claim warranty for MSI CR500?

&

how to add ram ..wish to get one with 4gb ram ..is there any extra slot in this model ?
MSI offers you two years of warranty with the laptop - it can be claimed from any MSI service center across India - DIGILINK services MSI products including laptops. You can add 4 GB of ram in this laptop as this laptop ships with one 2gb ram module in one slot along with a spare slot should you choose to upgrade. Just buy the ram and take it to the service center where the technician will install the ram for you. I own the 14 inch version of this laptop - MSI CR400x - and have been using it for over 1 and half years with no problems whatsoever. You can check out the review of this laptop here - http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/msi-cr-400-x-review-156411.html (this is the review of the 14 inch version of CR series with a core2 duo - most of the things are common with the CR-500 laptop - such as build quality,features.etc)

Hi Friends

I am looking for a laptop with 14" display that gives me a good battery life - at least 3-4 hrs (watch a full Hindi movie without having to charge :))

Will the laptops mentioned above - ASUS, MSI, Toshiba - last that long?

If not, can you please suggest a good option.

Thank you very much.

According to Notebookcheck benchmarks, Intel HD Graphics 2000 can handle crysis is low settings. So try getting a core i3-based laptop.

So CR-420 would be better.

^ nice ,but I would like to buy a laptop with entry level nvidia graphics.so that i can play games at low settings without any driver issue.

neojjjk said:
^ nice ,but I would like to buy a laptop with entry level nvidia graphics.so that i can play games at low settings without any driver issue.
Try getting a laptop based on GT-310M. I'm unable to find any entry-level laptop with Nvidia Graphics.

Sorry to Hijack...

I was looking for a laptop with acceptable performance and value...

Found acer 4738Z to be suiting me...

Could anybody comment on how it is?

anybody own it?

can it play games from 2007-2008? (HL2, GTA SA etc...). It has Intel HD (5700MHD) Graphics....

I recently bought Toshiba C660 for 20.5 k, it gives a battery life of 3+ hours and a good VFM laptop.. If gaming is not first preference, I will suggest this laptop.

Sturdy look and feel and power too..

Back