PC Peripherals Please suggest an all-in-one laser printer at less than 10k

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I am looking to buy an all-in-one (print, scan and copy) laser printer for use at home by my wife, who will be doing her PG. So basically, around a minimum of 100 to 150 pages printing every month.
I would prefer a laser printer over inkjet.
Please suggest a good one, especially with ease of refilling or replacing toner as an important criterion. Wifi printing option would be an added advantage, but not really a necessity.
I would like to spend not more than 10k for the same.[DOUBLEPOST=1430335819][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyone..??

Last edited:
For the cheap you can go with Ricoh.
Print quality wise go with Canon.

You can get an Epson Workforce in your budget as for best color.

@bssunil Can you give the link for the same. Everywhere it is for around 9.5K. I can't find it at 8k.

@koolcoolkg I am not looking for color prints. Any particular models of Canon in this range?

And BTW, how is the Ricoh SP 210SU? Any reviews?

@bssunil Can you give the link for the same. Everywhere it is for around 9.5K. I can't find it at 8k.

@koolcoolkg I am not looking for color prints. Any particular models of Canon in this range?

And BTW, how is the Ricoh SP 210SU? Any reviews?
Laser printer comes in color?

It takes so much power than ink jet, why you want laser?

Won't run on inverter

Epson Workforce Inkjet MFP is best bet.
Laser printing that too B/W is your ultimatum Ricoh is quite VFM

I have the Ricoh. Good value for money. I bought mine for around 5.5K and impressed by it, a friend bought his around a month later for just 4.9K. Both times off Snapdeal under some promo offers.

I'm pretty happy with my printer. Both me and my friend faced a couple of misfeed tray errors while printing even though there were no paper jams but besides that, the printer is working perfect. Scan quality is pretty good for documents as I scanned a couple of brochures and other documents and what came out was good enough to not warrant the presence of a dedicated scanner. With photos though, the scanning part of this MFP comes across as a huge downer. I hope your usage doesn't include scanning high-res photos or such.

Quality of the copier function is again pretty good and certainly beats by a wide margin what is offered at the neighborhood photocopying store. Using it is a piece of cake with just a single button for starting the copying while before that you use the number keys to input the required no. of copies.

As for the print quality, I had a chance to compare it with the aforementioned friend's trusty old Canon LBP2900 and it turned out to be very good (the Canon is a proven performer as you might know). I mostly use the printer with the 'Toner Saving' mode turned on, which means slightly less dark prints. With toner saving turned off, prints are noticeably darker and to that extent, appear sharper. That said, the quality with the former is still quite good.

The official toner refill program was what caught my attention as well. I have already bought a high yield refill from Ricoh official India site for 600 bucks. It was available on both eBay and SD for around 350 bucks but there were some reviews saying the toner was fake. I decided against taking a chance and bought it from Ricoh directly. Am yet to use it as the toner that came with the printer is still running strong after close to a 1000 pages of prints and photocopies (95% of those with Toner Saving mode turned ON).

@logistopath , any particular questions I can help you with?

^^ That was an extensive reply/mini-review. Thanks for that. Will let you know if I have any other queries. As of now, I guess you have answered just about everything.

Just a heads-up, the scanning bed can accommodate nothing larger than an A4 size. So scanning or copying anything larger than that won't be possible unless you try and make do by folding etc.

Also, there are plenty of reviews for this MFP on SD and perhaps even on other sites. I'll suggest going through them all once.

Actually, I'm using the printer as is since the day it landed. Just tried a couple of prints with both toner modes and stuck with ON mode as it was fine by me. However, you are right in the sense that the sharpness of the printed text in OFF mode is noticeably better.

I didn't even change the type of paper from 'Plain and Recycled', which I guess is the default option.

@eternoMind Point duly noted. As such, this is gonna be an in house printer for my wife who will be doing her PG studies. So looking for something basic and functional. I guess the SP210SU will fit the bill perfectly.

@techfan I just spoke to the friend who has the SP210SU and the LBP2900. The former sits in his office with the latter at home. He's a lawyer and has a heavy print volume. He's of the opinion that the print quality with Toner Saving mode turned OFF in the Ricoh is as good as the Canon if not better.

I am Still unsure why people buy black printer.

Will you go outside for color printing in say 1 year if required?

There are many color printer for nearly same price too

I am Still unsure why people buy black printer.
Because they don't need color? For my use, color prints will be needed very rarely, may be a couple of pages every 6 months. That doesn't justify the price tag of color laser MFPs for my use.
Will you go outside for color printing in say 1 year if required?
Yes.
There are many color printer for nearly same price too
Inkjets, probably. Not what I am looking for.

How about this one ?

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/ricoh-aficio-sp-202sn-printer/1773196799

https://ricoh.co.in/products/a4-mono-mfp/aficio-sp-202sn/16/231/

i like that it comes with an ethernet connection :)

Another point to consider is whether drum is included in the print cartridge or not. if it is then cartridge cost goes up but you get a new drum in each cartridge or you get about 3-5 refills before print quality starts to degrade.

if its is not then the drum has a higher duty cycle and cartridges are cheaper.

You cant get a high yield cartridge when you buy. It comes with the lower capacity one by default. You then have to buy an extra high yield cartridge if you want it.

Last edited:
Back