Please suggest: Micromax A90 or A100

moshel

Adept
Friends,

Am sure you all must have heard and read about the recent launches from Micromax the A90 and A100. I want to go for one of them but looking at some of the specs, am confused which one would be better. since I have to urgently buy one, i might not be able to personally and physically check the phones. So am depending on your suggestions. Here's where I am confused.

The A90 has a AMOLED (ironically the A90 box says "Super Amoled") screen but only 262k colors. while the A100 has a LCD display with 16M colors
the pixel density of A90 is 217 ppi whereas that of A100 is 187 ppi (as per GSM Arena. These figures might be lower since as per quadrant benchmark the resolution is 728×480).

On one hand I do prefer the bigger display of A100 and also the price since it is 3K cheaper! but i also feel pixel density of 187 ppi might be too low to give a great clarity.

How would the screen clarity be comparable between the two? Which one would look better for reading, surfing, watching videos etc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards
Moshel

The A90 has a Mediatek MT6575 1GHz single core with a PowerVR SGX531 GPU. The GPU has better performance than the Adreno 200 enhanced in the A100.

Also the Xperia U which has dual core processor is very close to the A90 pricing and has a much better SOC.

Plus the A90 has only 3 touch points whereas the A100 has 5 touch points. I would personally choose the A100 over the A90.

Quandrant says the A100 has a 782*480 display. The rest of the pixels is set aside for the on-screen buttons i guess. So its a proper WVGA LCD.

Check the igyaan unboxing videos. If you can wait then do wait for their video review.

A100 seems a decent enough phone. Handled one just today morning. The display is crisp is what can I say. Better than the el'cheapo Samsung phone's display (Read Galaxy Y and the group). I guess it cannot get better than this.

i read it some where that lcd screen of a100 is not strong enough for that screen size of 5' and it would break with a single fall/ slip form a hand it would be cracked ... is it true .... how strong is it

friend bought A100 and the phone is hell lot big and even display was good, smooth scrolling and good build quality but never knows what other thing it might be lacking remember A60?

Ive had bad experience with micromax ,i wont recommend them,their ASS is very poor and their phones are not reliable,btw i had the A60 ,cant even use it as phone now and micromax are not even repairing it .

I have micromax a80 3.75 262k screen . Thought i would buy a cheap android with front cam to replace my nokia c7 . The 262 k display is not up to the mark compared to my super amoled 16m color display of my nokia c7 . Build quality is good but nothing compared to my nokia . So will wait and buy the new samsung galaxy s duos (dual sim) which i need when it releases here and keep the micromax back in its box .

Back