Monitors pls suggest a >19" lcd.

Smith

Skilled
As the title says, i need to buy an lcd display preferably with dimensions greater than 19" and 16:10 is mandatory.
budget is a max of 25k and it HAS to be bought locally so pls dont suggest SG n US :p.
usage: movies, general computing, TV (will be buying a MCE capable tuner to use with DTH) and gaming (not much)

yup but why 16:10 ? get a 16:9 monitor where the AR looks much better n natural,the vx 2025 has the height of a 17" monitor

most ws lcds out there are 16:10 :)..anyway..to make it simpler ..i just want a ws lcd :p

@chaos..i think the 2025wm is 29k :S

yup the rates chaos quoted are proper, also just comparet he vx 2025(pics) with any other 20" ws lcd and ull see that the height oft he vx 2025 is less which make hings look a bit strechted, thought it was just me but confirmed the same when i saw reviews
but many people still say its a fabulous monitor for the price and good for gaming so u may as welll go ahead n buy it

stormblast@te jus bought the monitor so maybe u can check with him about how it is....

read a couple of reviews..it seems the viewsonic has noticeable backlight-bleeding issue..especially when viewing dark videos/pics :S.
and yeah..the price i got quoted here is 24.6k with 1 week waiting pd (no stock)
am enquiring about the samsung 215TW

vij said:
I hate TE. Why didnt any1 tell me I was getting ripped with my VX924 purchase

one shud not be in a hurry n post n take opinions ,which takes time so if ur patient ull get suggestions:bleh:

the 215TW is a gr8 monitor and very good according to reviews,do post back once u get a price for it.

also the Acer AL2216WBD is a gr8 monitor at 22",

see if u wanna be foolproof and buy something gr8 the DELL 2007 WFP is very good with no issues and a 5 yr warranty u cant go wrong with onlydownside is the prcie=30k all inclusive unless u can find some1 working in dell to give you a discount

Smith it isint exactly backlight bleading, its sort of how the anti reflective coating reacts, just keep lcd about 2ft from where u will be seated and you wont notice anything..

this is real lame.
1 dealer quoted me 62k for the 215TW with a 4week waiting pd..while the other quoted me 38.5k with 1month waiting pd..wonder if they even heard the model number properly :S

i guess i will stick to the samsung 19" TN and upgrade my gfx :(

ok..bumping this thread cos am in a pickle now.

i cant get decent reviews or a demo anywhere on the viewsonic va1912wb or the samsung 940bw.

If anyone saw both these panels, can they throw in their valuable suggestions on wh ich one to buy. Both are similarly priced and am totally confused.

btw..i need ur suggestions as i will ge tthe lcd within a couple of days.

Back