Android Poco F1 long term review

Is there any evidence to support this claim? If a company were consistently plagued by such a significant issue, it would likely face dire consequences and struggle to survive in a competitive market with plenty of alternatives. POCO sold 6 million devices in 2022.

I respectfully disagree. Price is not the sole determining factor. I have a friend who recently purchased a Pixel 7a and is experiencing issues such as overheating and a slow fingerprint sensor. Another friend who owns an S21 FE 5g is facing problems with WiFi and data speed throttling. On the other hand, my mom's affordable POCO device maintains proper connectivity consistently. Thus, it's evident that issues can occur across different price ranges and brands.

The techcrunch article covers most of what has gone wrong with Xiaomi. However, the fact that Xiaomi fell from first place to fourth in the smartphone segment within a year also says that the Indian consumer has moved on.

The techcrunch article covers most of what has gone wrong with Xiaomi. However, the fact that Xiaomi fell from first place to fourth within a year also says that the Indian consumer has moved on.
Thanks! I'll read about the problems. However, a single quarter might not provide the complete picture, and Xiaomi was the number one brand overall in 2022. Samsung is becoming more competitive in the lower range with their M & F series. Vivo, iQoo, Motorola, and Realme are now offering more value-for-money options. That being said, it doesn't imply that Xiaomi is producing subpar phones.

You will find mentions of it all over the web, mostly from the past 2 years. They are also incompetent enough to install motherboards from another model.

Also, they have stopped putting money into Xiaomi India considering that they will have to pay 5500+ crore for the FEMA violations, in trying to remit money back to China through illegal means.

At this point, there is not much reason to vouch for Xiaomi or Poco.

1687454275455.png

@t3chg33k Replace 11r with any phone of any price range and you will find enough complaints. When you sell a million hardware some will fail no matter how strict is your quality control. Most people will leave bad reviews but hardly good reviews. A local ISP which I used before switching Jio have 1 star on google reviews and yet I never had any trouble with them. This make me believe mostly unhappy people will write about their experience. I never left a good review on their google local page yet I was happy with them for more than a decade.

Last edited:
I have no idea if it is 0.001% or 0.1% or 1% of users complaining about Xiaomi, but it is a lot more prevelant now on the web or social media and the declining financial numbers are speaking for themselves.

The 1+1 warranty scheme came up on account of this backlash which indicates Xiaomi acknowledged the unreliability of their devices and is trying to address it with this scheme.

Additionally, the brand engages in far too many unethical shenanigans such as sending review units with different panels and better binned processors, false marketing, custom duty evasion, illegal remittance and probably much more. As a former Xiaomi user, I have lost complete trust in the brand and switched to alternatives, but it will of course have a place in the market and appeal to some users.

@t3chg33k: My family and I have been using four Poco phones, and recently my brother purchased a new POCO F5. I wasn't aware of the motherboard issues associated with these phones until they were brought up here. I wonder what the ratio is of people experiencing these issues. Considering POCO's price range and target market, they must have a significant annual sales volume. Perhaps a few isolated issues are being highlighted too much? My brother still has his Xiaomi Mi3, which he purchased during the first sale in India (2014???), and it is still working fine.
same thing/rule apply for Samsung & Mi also, till now family used (from 1.5k to 15k range) motorola, sonyericson, nokia, micromax, SRT (smartron), Xiaomi (Note 7s & Note Pro 5), Samsung (A50s & M21-2021)... user satisfaction is very good with Mi & Samsung.

but please note & mind that Mi phone are made before June 2020. As after June 2020, india china clash, mobile hardware quality issue starts.

Last edited:
same thing/rule apply for Samsung & Mi also, till now family used (from 1.5k to 15k range) motorola, sonyericson, nokia, micromax, SRT (smartron), Xiaomi (Note 7s & Note Pro 5), Samsung (A50s & M21-2021)... user satisfaction is very good with Mi & Samsung.
Have used around 5-6 , mi-redmi devices within my family. ALL budget models from 5-9k ,no issues till date except the mi a3 where i had to change the power buttton after 2-3 years.

Do note that i normally sell them on olx after 3-3.5 years .
Had bought a nokia 5.1 due to stock android, but it was plagued by a daughterboard issue where the charging port would get damaged automatically after certain time, they even increased the warranty to 1.5 years, had to exchange off after warranty period .

Mi budget phones are built well compared to the competition but the software is shit (for my taste) and updates as well well the data collection situation is pathetic .
I have only used their Amdroid one A series myself, rest miui models were used by my parents.

Xiaomi has been a mess leadership-wise for the past 3 years but it should be noted that the reliability issue is much more prevalent in India and has not been reported as much globally. Xiaomi has cut too many corners, is under closer scrutiny for imports for duty evasion and part of it might be on account of the 5500 crore fine hanging over their head. Wouldn't be surprised if they pull out once they are forced to pay the fine after running out of all legal options.

I respectfully disagree. Price is not the sole determining factor. I have a friend who recently purchased a Pixel 7a and is experiencing issues such as overheating and a slow fingerprint sensor. Another friend who owns an S21 FE 5g is facing problems with WiFi and data speed throttling. On the other hand, my mom's affordable POCO device maintains proper connectivity consistently. Thus, it's evident that issues can occur across different price ranges and brands.
There are two things you have to avoid, if possible.

1. A phone with MIUI software.
2. A phone with Exynos chip (eg: Sammy's and Pixels).

From what I have seen, if I have to pick one device among the above two only, I would pick one with MIUI and flash custom ROM. Any phone with hardware limitation/issue is as good as dead for me.

This phone still has great custom rom support. Currently my daily driver.

Android 14 custom rom is confirmed. They have booted A14 in poco f1.
Derpfest and Awaken a14 rom is expected to be released soon.

Derpfest A14.jpg

AOSP A14.jpg

Back