Podcasts review and discussions

puneet.darji

Disciple
We have movies and series discussion sticky threads but was not able to find same for podcasts. Can we do the same for podcast with this post where members review the podcast or provide suggestions to others and discuss about it?

Note: I'm new to podcasts and actively searching for good podcasts in various category and also review for the same.

I like Darknet diaries and Casefile... currently listening to them.
I'm also listening to podcasts a lot these days, and use an app called pocket cast. It's not free ( but very cheap) but has a fantastic collection with very neat set up.

Last edited:
Yeah, podcasts used to be my go to for my daily journey and unfortunately it has fallen off since WFH.

Overcast is the best app on iOS. However, I had purchased Pocket casts several years ago when it was owned by an Australian company, before being purchased by an American media company that for a time made the app worse but still it is okay for daily use.

Some of my regular ones were Freakonomics, The Inquiry (BBC), After hours (HBR), Ungeniused, Science VS, 50 things..., Casefile, Homecoming, Stuff you should know and a lot of others that I cannot recollect now.

I am amazed that more people don't know about podcasts in India. They are a blessing for people who commute. My favorite:

1. Vaad: A new Indian podcast which is miles ahead of all other Indian podcast. The interviewer has at least a basic knowledge of the topics he is interviewing about. The top people driving policy in India are often invited.
2. The Working Athlete podcast by Bikeyvenkey: Cycling related but very knowledgeable guests regarding general fitness
3. The starting strength Radio
4. The Jordan B. Peterson podcast
5. Joe Rogan: This is a gold standard on how to have conversations. Considered the best podcast on the internet
6. Ask Noah: Open source and Linux
7. Destination linux podcast
8. Quilette

I use Pocket Cast app (bought it) and listen on 1.75X to 2X speed. I have a total of 2 hour commute each day so am able to keep up up with these.

Puneet, thank you for making this thread.

baccilus & t3chg33k [probably not to buy a keyboard from ebay?] for people who walk too... coz we gotta clock 10k steps on a regular basis?

Mods, Shall we pin this please? Thanks in advance!

I love what Jim Rohn does with his content, surely his voice, people who want to watch it on Youtube also will have a ball of a time, I promise.

No apps needed for podcasts either, Google has done us all a favor & put it up like a website.

Jim Rohn's https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy82NTQzZDdlOC9wb2RjYXN0L3Jzcw

Back