Poor After Sales (MD Computers)

I purchased a Arctic MX5 thermal paste from MD on 8th April, 22. Few days later I got some free time and took the initiative of repasting my processor. I open the tube and the first thing I see is some brownish/blackish watery substance coming out. I pumped it out until I saw actual the paste peeking out. Then I dropped pea size on the processor and began trying to spread it with my spatula. However, it was noticed that the item is not like a paste. As I dragged my spatula along the processor surface the substance wouldn't spread and instead stick with the spatula and take solid forms, like small rounded balls; Arctic MX5 balls. So I cleaned off the entire substance off of the processor surface with IPA and tried second time. And it was the same! The product had solidified. At that point, I took on my mobile phone and decided to video record it. And there was the third time, and it was almost the charm. This time some of the substance that came out indeed was paste like, so I was able to spread it, by it was not enough to cover the entire surface, so I had to pump out some more, and there came the semi solid form again. Anyhow, I somehow managed to cover the processor surface (a 5 minn job taking well over 30 mins due to faulty product) and called it a day.

Now next few days I had remained extremely busy. It was always in my mind to lodge a complaint but I just couldn't get the time. Two days ago (on 25th) I did make time and placed a return request on MD website. Next morning, I got reply that I had missed the deadline of return window , which is of 3 days by the way. I replied back saying that it is indeed my fault that I didn't know the rules and requested to not throw the rulebook at me and to consider a product replacement as I am an old customer. Today morning I received a reply, that I placed the order after agreeing to their T&C and return window has passed on 12th April, so they won't do anything.

Here is a video of the defective product: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWr4Zd63gRyhf5bOOY6RZqPtHwowRK5Y/view?usp=drivesdk

Now the item is only 700 rupees but it's a 4-gram paste anyway. Is there anything I can do to have this product replaced? I mean I need to have a working product, right? Because I have paid for the same! It's my fault to have purchased it from MD, it's also my fault to have chosen Arctic over Noctua.

Do advise

Is it too old? Get paste from good sellers like, Noctua NT-H1, H2, MX4 or MX5 from amazon(Sold by Appario Retail Private Ltd) or try Vedantcomputers(I just ordered mine NT-H2 10gm.)

Every company follows return window policy religiously. I faced this with Jabong, Myntra and even Amazon. I wouldnt say this is poor after sales on MD's part. Just bad luck on your part.
Oh really? Didn't know that. The product was delivered on 11th Apr. Three days from that comes to 14th Apr. And I placed return request on 25th Apr. So a 11 to 12 days' delay on my part. Even the Supreme Courts allows that.

Nothing can be done as every co. has their own TnCs.
Check the mfg date on the paste, if its nearing expiry or expired you can reply them accordingly.
But even if the expiry is far then too it all depends how these guys store the item. The way you described it seems the paste/tube was stored in an area exposed to heat/direct sunlight etc.

Month of Import: December, 2021.
Importer: Acro Engineering Company.
There's a customer care email address of acro, I don't suppose emailing them would do any good?

after sales? These online sites like mdcomp etc, they only have sales support. You are on your own once the product is shipped.

Reach out to Arctic after sales. Send the video to them along with the bill. They should be able to replace your product.

Month of Import: December, 2021.
Importer: Acro Engineering Company.
There's a customer care email address of acro, I don't suppose emailing them would do any good?
WOnt help but no harm trying. I remember 5-6yrs ago I emailed Acro and they sent stuff for my CM cabby. Pretty wise response and helpful back then..

Oh really? Didn't know that. The product was delivered on 11th Apr. Three days from that comes to 14th Apr. And I placed return request on 25th Apr. So a 11 to 12 days' delay on my part. Even the Supreme Courts allows that.
I bought 3pairs of branded socks off Jabong and by the time I wore the third pair which was defective the 10day return window had lapsed. They denied the request. 2nd instance received fake head and shoulders shampoo from amazon, i was late by 1day to submit the return request. They denied replacement/refund. Nowadays whatever I buy online, I immediately check it for damages or fit and place a return request immediately.
You are better off reaching out to arctic. I mailed thermalright for ryzen bolt thru kit for TRUE120 and they said they'll send it for free from taiwan provided I bear the 10~15usd shipping fee. Thats support for a decade old product.
So reach out to the manufacturer than the retail vendor for whom we are 1 among many. Even if you spend 50k with them they wont give you a 350rs thermal paste for free

I mailed thermalright for ryzen bolt thru kit for TRUE120 and they said they'll send it for free from taiwan provided I bear the 10~15usd shipping fee. Thats support for a decade old product.
So reach out to the manufacturer than the retail vendor for whom we are 1 among many. Even if you spend 50k with them they wont give you a 350rs thermal paste for free
Same here.. around 6-7 yrs ago I had casual chat with CM just trying to get wheels for my cabinet, they transferred the chat to apac region and they said the cabby is no more into production but they can surely try. They didn't even asked me for any invoice or any clarifications. I received an email just in 3 days about the item availability and they shipped it totally free! I paid zero charges.
Dont kn ow whats the actual brands scenario these days but reaching out to them actually makes sense as they do care for their brand value and customers..

Your description of MX5 is not that far off from what others have reported and shown on YT. It's a different kind of paste than what we're used to, watery and clumpy.

Because of this, many prefer to stick to MX4.

reach out to arctic.
“affected products show an increased separation of oil within the paste, resulting in premature hardening” (oo-er). This unexpected trait can “lead to adverse effects and application difficulties.”
Users for whom MX-5 isn’t performing quite as expected are advised that affected compounds “can of course be returned without exception, and we will offer a replacement product.” Quite how users verify their batch as faulty remains a mystery, but if you’re inclined to think something’s not right, contact Arctic with proof of purchase via this link.
Seems to be similar to what you are facing.

I have contacted Arctic, got automated acknowledgement email, let's see what they say.

@nRiTeCh Is it possible to get wheels for any cabinet? I have been looking to raise the height of mine (some corsair 500r) since I purchased it like 5 years ago.

I have contacted Arctic, got automated acknowledgement email, let's see what they say.

@nRiTeCh Is it possible to get wheels for any cabinet? I have been looking to raise the height of mine (some corsair 500r) since I purchased it like 5 years ago.
My cabinet had wheels by default. But as it was gifted to me the wheels were absent so just tried my luck and it paid off!

i had a bad experience with MD years ago, since 2017 i have not bothered purchasing from them unless the product is not available anywhere. I wanted a specific product(GPU) and some cm fan's this was a very popular model they said they can only provide products listed on website,i asked them if they can backorder it they said no,the customer rep on phone was least bothered in selling and cut the call. Primeabgb got me the same gpu in 3 days even they didn't have stock but they ordered it from the distri. Same issue with fan's. Last i tried ordering in 2020 in the middle of the lockdwon their gst invoice process is very complicated.

Back