Poor experience with Hikvision after sales support

letmein

Skilled
Just wanted to share my experience with Hikvision.

We have two Hikvision 'Video Door Phones' at our place along with 4 CCTVs installed around 3 years ago. Yes, yes, I know, China bad, but what's done is done, and I have to live with them.

The outdoor unit was not functioning properly - if someone pressed the 'bell', it would not register an input and we would not get an ringing alert in the indoor unit that someone was at the door. Moreover, the bell would randomly act up and start ringing when it was raining/ humidity was high. Delhi-NCR peeps can vouch that it has rained a LOT this year. I can only assume that moisture had gotten into the electricals, causing it to behave this way.

Decided to call Hikvision customer support. Units are out of warranty, but I was/ am willing to pay for a paid service engineer visit.

1) The Hikvision India website has a toll free number displayed prominently at the top, called them. They were super polite but said they won't be able to help me. Apparently the number is only for corporate clients, not individual retail customers like me.
2) They gave me another number to call, located in Mumbai. This is the same number mentioned in their 'contact us' page. Unfortunately this keeps going unanswered. Have tried it multiple times across 2-3 days.
3A) The website itself is poorly designed at best, non-functional at worst. When the Mumbai folks didn't pick my call, I tried locating their nearest branch office in my state (Gurgaon, Haryana) on the page (scroll down to see the map and their Mumbai office). Unfortunately, the 'map' doesn't work. If I select my state (or any state), the site keeps on loading indefinitely, with no option to select my city. Tried with Chrome with adblock off, and also with MS Edge.
3B) Another example of the poorly designed site - I tried registering for an account via this page. I thought I would be able to raise a support ticked with a documented ticket number. Unfortunately, I am unable to register for an account - I fill all the details, click on the 'Submit' button, but nothing happens!
X) I googled for Hikvision gurgaon, found a number and a place nearby. Unfortunately, the number listed on GMaps does not exist. May not be really Hikvision's fault but still...

So now I'm stuck between calling a local electrician or chancing a drive to the location mentioned on GMaps and seeing if they really exist or not.

In the meantime, I have asked the milkman and newspaper guy to resort to the old fashioned way - banging on the front door and calling for me. :rolleyes:

This was just a rant/ feedback thread.

Last edited:

We have two Hikvision 'Video Door Phones' at our place along with 4 CCTVs installed around 3 years ago. Yes, yes, I know, China bad, but what's done is done, and I have to live with them.

The outdoor unit was not functioning properly - if someone pressed the 'bell', it would not register an input and we would not get an ringing alert in the indoor unit that someone was at the door. Moreover, the bell would randomly act up and start ringing when it was raining/ humidity was high. Delhi-NCR peeps can vouch that it has rained a LOT this year. I can only assume that moisture had gotten into the electricals, causing it to behave this way.

Decided to call Hikvision customer support. Units are out of warranty, but I was/ am willing to pay for a paid service engineer visit.

1) The Hikvision India website has a toll free number displayed prominently at the top, called them. They were super polite but said they won't be able to help me. Apparently the number is only for corporate clients, not individual retail customers like me.
2) They gave me another number to call, located in Mumbai. This is the same number mentioned in their 'contact us' page. Unfortunately this keeps going unanswered. Have tried it multiple times across 2-3 days.
3A) The website itself is poorly designed at best, non-functional at worst. When the Mumbai folks didn't pick my call, I tried locating their nearest branch office in my state (Gurgaon, Haryana) on the page (scroll down to see the map and their Mumbai office). Unfortunately, the 'map' doesn't work. If I select my state (or any state), the site keeps on loading indefinitely, with no option to select my city. Tried with Chrome with adblock off, and also with MS Edge.
3B) Another example of the poorly designed site - I tried registering for an account via this page. I thought I would be able to raise a support ticked with a documented ticket number. Unfortunately, I am unable to register for an account - I fill all the details, click on the 'Submit' button, but nothing happens!
X) I googled for Hikvision gurgaon, found a number and a place nearby. Unfortunately, the number listed on GMaps does not exist. May not be really Hikvision's fault but still...

So now I'm stuck between calling a local electrician or chancing a drive to the location mentioned on GMaps and seeing if they really exist or not.

In the meantime, I have asked the milkman and newspaper guy to resort to the old fashioned way - banging on the front door and calling for me. :rolleyes:

Damn I see those cameras all around here

try finding channel partners or distributors. you might get support from there

Yeah, their website doesn't work to provide me an address/ phone. So had to rely on Google Maps. The number mentioned on GoogleMaps, doesn't exist. So will probably try and visit the store during the weekend. Which defeats the purpose of online complaints.

Try finding a local store/seller for Hikvision. He should be able to help you out by guiding you to the nearest distributor/sales guy.
Also @Jaspreetrattan deals in Hikvision cameras and solutions. Maybe he can guide you to the right number.
In my case, I was able to get their main branch details on Google in Chandigarh, but they were just the sales and support team and not retailer.

BTW, are these the details that you got when searching.

Last edited:

Kindly DM me your Number & Location . let me see :)

Try finding a local store/seller for Hikvision. He should be able to help you out by guiding you to the nearest distributor/sales guy.
Also @Jaspreetrattan deals in Hikvision cameras and solutions. Maybe he can guide you to the right number.
In my case, I was able to get their main branch details on Google in Chandigarh, but they were just the sales and support team and not retailer.

BTW, are these the details that you got when searching.

Thanks, wasn't aware of this site. Will try the mobile numbers listed there. The landline number mentioned does not exist, hopefully the mobiles will work.

Kindly DM me your Number & Location . let me see :)

Thank you.

Back