Poor product & service quality from Eufy (Anker)

t3chg33k

Skilled
I had purchased the Eufy P1 smart scale from Amazon last year as part of the lockdown fitness regime. Within a few months, the readings started to go a bit haywire. Finally, just after 12 months, the scale became completely useless by first displaying 3-4 kg higher weights and then going to Overload (oL) without any load.

I contacted Anker India customer care and they seemed professional and eager enough to help and so I sent the scale all the way from Mumbai to Chennai for servicing. After a week though, they came back to say that it is a PCB fault that cannot be repaired and hence will send back the faulty product as-is.

Rather than spend on courier to send it back, I requested them to instead refund the courier charges I had spent and dispose of the scale responsibly. They refused to even refund that amount and so eventually I just asked them to dispose it responsibly as it was useless to receive the faulty item back from them.

TL;DR Avoid Anker associated brands for electronic products since it is likely they cannot be serviced. I guess chargers/cables are as far as one should go.

Was the item under warranty?

If not, then I do not see any fault on their part. It's pretty standard for customer to pay for shipping on out of warranty items.

Was the item under warranty?

If not, then I do not see any fault on their part. It's pretty standard for customer to pay for shipping on out of warranty items.
I don't see problem with shipping costs. The fact is that I shared the product and invoice with them first and they asked me to ship the item to them, only to tell me that they cannot replace parts like PCB.

Also, they were okay to spend to send the faulty item back to me but not to reimburse the courier charges. So they seem to be stuck up in their processes more than anything else, which is still okay. What is not okay is being unable to service products that are still being sold online.

I don't see problem with shipping costs. The fact is that I shared the product and invoice with them first and they asked me to ship the item to them, only to tell me that they cannot replace parts like PCB.

Also, they were okay to spend to send the faulty item back to me but not to reimburse the courier charges. So they seem to be stuck up in their processes more than anything else, which is still okay. What is not okay is being unable to service products that are still being sold online.
Fair point. Unethical to call the item from a customer if you can’t fix it.

Back