Port Forwarding on WiMax (DreamTel Punjab)

bodmas

Adept
Hello Members!
Is it possible to Port Forward on WiMax Internet (DreamTel Punjab) where there is no modem is used, Only LAN cable coming from roof top router.
Advance thanks!!

Hello Members!
Is it possible to Port Forward on WiMax Internet (DreamTel Punjab) where there is no modem is used, Only LAN cable coming from roof top router.
Advance thanks!!

Tagging people with similar issues.
@honest1 and myself have wimax connections. I don't bother with the port forward as I don't need it but he can may be help.
@vivek.krishnan He recently faced this issue as his ISP uses NAT supposedly, like how ours uses.

Thanks @raksrules for mentioning other members with same issue. I will update this thread if i get the solution. Actually, i want to use my DVR for online use but i need to port forward DVR`s IP before proceeding.

I managed to bypass my ISPs private IP by using a VPN. I did not have time to do a port forward check. I dont think it should be an issue.

However, one thing to point out is that I could not get openVPN working, and had to settle for L2TP on stock TP Link firmware.

However, apparently my ISP has realised the torrent issue that I was facing, and has given the appropriate uPnP setting to allow dynamic forwards - torrents work fine now. He has implemented btcache.

Hello @vivek.krishnan !
Nice to see your reply but my issue is little bit different. I want to "Port Forward" to make my CCTV cameras online through DVR. I dont need static ip as i have got DDNS address from OEM but need few ports to be open in order to view CCTV online. Is this possible through VPN? Do let me know for any other info required from me.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Although it seems that our issues are different, they have a common source - ISP idiots. Getting a static IP will solve your issues mostly. VPN - yes. I'll have to check and will update - this might take a few days.....

If "Port Forwarding" is possible through VPN then let me give a try.
@vivek.krishnan ~ I will update you if i get any useful info regarding VPN research work. Meanwhile do also share helpful links if you get any info related to "Port Forwarding through VPN".

Last edited:
yes but unfortunately they have changed the default user/pass on it when the configuration guy came to configure the connection. why i feel the need to port fwd is because torrents just suck. hardlly reaches beyond 100kBps where they should b doing 120~128 easily. http downloads are fine. 128~130 in idm.

Hello @amit.mastermind ,
You are the lucky one. Anyway here is my update regarding WiMax research.

To experiment port forwarding on WiMax, i have decided to change my ISP to Beyond WiMax Broadband , Amritsar from DreamTel WiMax Broadband . My sole purpose of port forwarding is to view my CCTVs online through dynamic IP.
Fortunately, i have configured their router to watch my DVR online through Port Forwarding and Dynamic DNS (Hostname) but didnt succeed in viewing cameras online. I am getting BEYOND ISP Login page after entering hostname (Dynamic DDNS). Its seems like they have alloted me private IP (NAT address) from their end. Is it possible to get public IP through any settings in WiMax router?
I am repeating again, there is no Bridge mode activated in router or STATIC IP given by ISP.

Last edited:
Back