Port Forwarding

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
OK, So I have an airtel connection and the Beetel440TX1 Router.
Ave forwarded the ports for Utorrent (26181) but each time I restart the system/router it shows that the port is blocked when tested thru utorrent.

What do I do??Ave tried changing the ports too like 28181 instead of the utorrent default of 26181.

AM confused, please help :(.

Windows XP, No firewall (Dunno much, havent installed anything).

TCP and UDP both can be opened during port forwarding and ave done that.

Thing is, I configured it once correctly and the port for Utorrent (26181) was forwarded correctly (Utorrent showed green tick mark at the bottom instead of that triangle), but when I checked it after a day it showed that the port was closed, ave retried it several times but to no avail.

What do I do now??

@FreeRadical: How to use bridge mode?

@delguy: I have already tried doing that but the port is closed again after a day or two (dunno how);

@broar: Is that all is required for the bridge setting or is there anything else required?? Port mapping way is the same?? Would be grateful if you could post in slight detail.

Thanks!

Darthcoder said:
OK, So I have an airtel connection and the Beetel440TX1 Router.
Ave forwarded the ports for Utorrent (26181) but each time I restart the system/router it shows that the port is blocked when tested thru utorrent.

What do I do??Ave tried changing the ports too like 28181 instead of the utorrent default of 26181.

AM confused, please help :(.

Check this out :

Port Forwarding for the Beetel 220BX

I have a dynamic IP, what static IP do I give??

Excuse me please, am a n00b :( and the router is a 440TX1, AND I have configured everything correctly just that it stopped working (port got blocked again) 2-3 days after i configured it.

Although will try what has been said in the thread when i get home.

Ahem Guys.

So is it necessary to have a static IP for port forwarding, right??

And I can setup a static IP address for myself using some tutorial on the net, right?

^static address in the sense u dont need a static address to be assigned by the ISP..u just need a static address WRT your modem & pc..

i.e,

if u'r modem is giving out ip from DHCP (192.168.1.* ??)then just go & enter tat ip manually in the network adapter's properties...& port forward that IP in the modem settings..:) .

I not sure about this model, but look for and disable "UPnP" in both the modem and torrent software settings, and after you open a port for forwarding, remember to click the "save" and/or "reboot" in the modem pages if any :)

Back