Portable Audio Rig - nearly complete

Did you mod your iPod by yourself? I'm considering getting an iPod + modding it, but not sure if it's worth the risk of getting it done in India.

Having said that, this looks sweet, congrats!

Thanks Benny, mukul, rdst and laemo.

The impod mod was done by a head-fi member. Once the capacitors and other stuff has been changed you have to use one of the ALO LODs, else you risk damaging your amp over time.

Alternatively, you could also use one of these - ALO Audio

How much did you end up paying for the mod Ritvik, if you don't mind. I am debating whether it's worth getting a 5.5G iPod and modding it. Might do a DIY mod (ask a friend to do it, to be precise), but my only concern is that what if the hardware fails - here in India does anyone do repairs for cheap? And is it possible to source the parts? In US it's easy but here that's my prime concern.

For now I guess I'm going to stick to my iPhone as I've already spent quite a bit of money recently on picking up a pair of TF10s and a few other phones.

Around 200 USD. That was inclusive of shipping, paypal charges and a LOD (which I wrecked). Oh this has no HDD, its got a 16GB flash card.....so no moving parts.

You'll have to know what exactly to change though. Which capacitors to buy and the flash mod stuff if you plan on doing that too.

Think the 5.5G ones are about 4.5k to 5k now if I'm not wrong.

Hi Ritvik,

I'm getting a 5.5gen ipod video 30GB.
PLan to upgrade its HDD & BAttery..

any place nearby your's to get the apricon upgrade kit, or any other good ones?

else anyway to get them directly in India?

Ideas Please...

Mother of god! 16gb CF + mod? Isn't that a bit too less for your lossless collection? I'm thinking of getting an upgrade, maybe a 120gb or 240gb hdd + DIYmod after picking up a pod off eBay or Head-Fi, let's see..

Back