Portable vacuum cleaner (wired / wireless both OK)

raksrules

Elite
I am in market for a portable vacuum cleaner. Those Dyson upright ones types but the dyson is super expensive.

Main use will be to clean corners and shelves where dust settles and It looks like I live in a desert without any windows In my home.
Suction should be very good.

We are completely OK with wired, just that it should be portable so if we have to clean say ceiling corners or walls it should be good as we need to lift hand to a height and clean so it shouldnt cause any problems.
If cordless I may even occasionally use it in car.

Don't need those wheel ones. Had bought one back in 1998 or something from BPL and it anyways doesn't work but it is super bulky.
Also don't want those car vacuum powered by the car charger as I know they are not at all powerful.

Please suggest..

I have tried both the Dyson and no name cordless ones. If you’re looking for impeccably clean environment, look somewhere else. They dont work in Indian household settings. However if you must, go with mops attached.

Last edited:
Flipkart has been selling the Dyson Omniglide in clearance during the last few sales. It was being sold for 7 - 8k during the last sale.

You can wait for the Dyson deal from Flipkart or Otherwise you can pick up a basic model from Dreame like the U10.

Limited-time deal: dreame U10 Cordless Upright Stick Vacuum Cleaner, 19000 Pa Powerful Suction, 7x2000 mAh Battery, 180° Rotating Brush Head, Wall-Mounted, Lightweight with LED Light for Hard Floors https://amzn.in/d/9QomNzw

Have just bought this one. Seems nice and convenient for quick 5m sweeps. Has nice one button dust throw + HEPA filters among other things and seems well built.

Have also tested Agaro one. This is mostly fine, good for floor and handheld operation, but the longer 'stick' attachment isnt good as vaccum is weight towards the other side.
Slightly more difficult to clean because the filter gets clogged and as to be cleaned by a brush or washed. But i was happy with it too, returned it as the brush attachment did not fit.

I did not want cordless, don't want to deal with potential battery issues + lower power.

Back