Possible to send a pic in a SMS?

It's probably just a link preview. Which messaging app are you using? You can turn off link preview in settings if you're using Pulse sms. I used to see such link previews for sms containing short urls in them.

I'm using a old version of Messages, I'm temporarily on a Samsung GS3 btw. But I have set "Auto retrieve MMS messages" to off.
I never got a pic in a SMS before.
Using VI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-24-14-20-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-24-14-20-36.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 76
I'm using a old version of Messages, I'm temporarily on a Samsung GS3 btw. But I have set "Auto retrieve MMS messages" to off.
Using VI.
Why not better call them instead and ask how you guys send a 32-bit sms??
When they start receiving such calls they will themselves self-destruct and stop spamming..:p

I remember someone I know was getting constant daily calls+sms for credit card, he got so pissed off he did something similar for a month and thereafter he never ever heard from that bank. The story is way too funny I think everyone should follow the same pattern to get rid of such spammers...:pompus:

Using VI.
That's the link preview I was talking about. The messages app previews the link in its internal browser. There should be a setting in it to turn those off.

A few years there was a malware alert which was pretty widespread iirc. The recommended fix was to disable auto-retrieve mms. Since then it's been one of my first steps when setting up a new phone.

Back