Budget 0-20k Possibly just a motherboard needed

pguy

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    • <20K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 2500
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte B75 MS
    • GPU - Sappire 7850
    • RAM - 16 GB of RAM - DDR 3
    • Monitor - Dell 24" x 2
    • PSU - Seasonic 750W
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • My mobo has gone kaput and would prefer to just change that. Would prefer to keep all the other devices
    • However, if you feel that I could get a CPU + Mobo combo that would serve me well for under 20K, happy to consider it as well
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • NA
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • NA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

See if you can find any H61/B75 boards from popular brands. If not you can go for brands like Zebronics, Mercury, Foxin..

• However, if you feel that I could get a CPU + Mobo combo that would serve me well for under 20K, happy to consider it as well
Add RAM to it. Current gen systems need DDR4 RAM to work with. 16GB DDR3 can fetch decent amount though which you can add in 20K budget.

Good point, I'll consider adding RAM to it. In which case - Lets say for RAM + Mobo + Proc I have a budget of 25 - 30K - what do you suggest for a full ATX mobo ?
See if you can find any H61/B75 boards from popular brands. If not you can go for brands like Zebronics, Mercury, Foxin..
Sine I have a B75, Does any of these mobos work?

Good point, I'll consider adding RAM to it. In which case - Lets say for RAM + Mobo + Proc I have a budget of 25 - 30K - what do you suggest for a full ATX mobo ?

Sine I have a B75, Does any of these mobos work?
i3 10100F (It doesn't have built in graphics, so you have to use a dGPU which you have already. So no isuues, wrt allocating budget for one)
H410/B460 depends on your budget/needs.
2666mhz (or higher if it costs the same) DDR4 2 x 8GB
It will cost 19.5 - 23k depends on the board you pick.

Yeah, any of those chipset board will do. But not all of those boards made it to our retail market. Best bet is finding H61/B75 boards.

+1 to Vyral's suggestion.

Do you think its worth upgrading from an i5 2500 to an i3 10100F? Seems like either I prepare to move over to the AMD world with a reasonable upgrade path or just keep the machine alive with a decent mobo - what do you think?

Do you think its worth upgrading from an i5 2500 to an i3 10100F? Seems like either I prepare to move over to the AMD world with a reasonable upgrade path or just keep the machine alive with a decent mobo - what do you think?
Yeah, it is worth and AMD is also a good option.

Getting a new board would be my option as I am someone who would spend as little as possible to get it to work. Are you that guy?
H61 from Zebronics would cost about 3.5k and has 1yr warranty. I wouldn't hope it would last lot more than 1yr.
You pick, ~20k for new rig or 3.5k board for your existing rig?

Ryzen 3100
B450M Pro4 or B550M Pro4
3200/3400/3600mhz DDR4 2 x GB (any popular brand will do) - 3000mhz to 3600mhz all cost about the same. Get the highest possible if you find 'em costs the same when you buy.
This will cost about 22 - 24k depends on the board you pick.

I'm the guy who'd be willing to spend 6- 10K to get higher quality motherboard and keep my system running for now. A full upgrade deserves its time and effort later

Back