Post the latest or upcoming metal releases

stormblast

Skilled
*STICK TO POSTING METAL / ROCK RELEASES*

Well many times i miss the latest upcoming releases of many good bands only to realize later that its been out for many months or end up hearing about it from someone else.

So had an idea to create a thread where we can keep each other updated on what new albums have released. Can also post news about upcoming releases.

lets stick to metal releases, but i have also included rock in this same thread.

lemme get it started,

started listening to amorphis again after a very long time when i got their latest album skyforger which was released some months back. After so long i have come across a good album in which all songs are good. very hard to choose my best songs from the album, but i recommend to definitly listen to course of fate (YouTube - ‪Amorphis - Course Of Fate [Better Quality]‬‎) & sky is mine (YouTube - ‪Amorphis - Sky Is Mine‬‎)

Also I am looking forward to the new dimmu album.

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DIMMU BORGIR: 'Abrahadabra' Track Listing Revealed

lastly posting this as a tribute to type o negative frontman/bassist Peter Steele who passed away some months back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMBkCHiUbrM

Megadeth's latest Endgame released a few months ago..
\m/ awesome stuff

and obviously there's 'Final Frontier' for which they are currently touring.
Caught the show recently.. OMG.. each of this guys is pushing 50+ and they still have the raw energy to keep playing on and on..

Audio sub forum is for a different purpose :)

On topic, I found the new Maiden album to be average, and I hear they are planning another India tour in Nov/Dec?

I doubt it... they're touring NA / Europe this year and then taking it to the other countries next year. Hope they make it here again... i loved the new album !

Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini is pretty much poised to be the best metal album of the year. Reminds me of Opeth's Ghost Reveries a lot and I like this just as much.

I'm digging Arcade Fire's Suburbs a lot at the moment too; Sprawl II is so great.

Anyone know where we can get metal posters / t shirts ? I've never found good quality ones :'( Ordering from abroad cost me a fortune for a single tshirt :p

Clydes in Pallika if you are in Delhi or Brigade Road in BAngalore. I have purchased more than 5 posters i think from Clydes and they were all very good quality. Same about the T-shirts. Though i stopped wearing MEtal Tshirts when i found some local gawar/Himesh Reshamia type Fanbois wearing Pantera and Metallica tshirts in delhi!

Yeah i'm in Delhi... will give it a look when i'm there next. Yeah i know man... ppl who've never heard metal wear it for the look but i wouldn't mind a nice Pantera / Iron Maiden T Shirt. Children of Bodom though is way too commonly worn by non-metalheads just because of the reaper print.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Anyone know where we can get metal posters / t shirts ? I've never found good quality ones :'( Ordering from abroad cost me a fortune for a single tshirt :p
my friend owns a shop here in bandra called avengertoys. they have lots of this stuff. all originals.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nukeu666 said:
Therion's new album - Sitra Ahra released recently!

thx a lot, never knew its released.
Aces170 said:
Audio sub forum is for a different purpose :)

On topic, I found the new Maiden album to be average, and I hear they are planning another India tour in Nov/Dec?

why is it meant for a diff purpose, why cant we discuss what we are listening to openly. anyways there are very few people who listen to metal music anyways.

maiden have lost their touch for quite a long time. imo their last decent album was brave new world. i doubt they will ever come close to their best ever album of all time "powerslave"

chiron said:
Enslaved's Axioma Ethica Odini is pretty much poised to be the best metal album of the year. Reminds me of Opeth's Ghost Reveries a lot and I like this just as much.

I Think its gonna be hard to surpass abrahadabra, the dark atmosphere created by the orchestra is insane.

and yes axioma is quite similar to ghost reveries, but overall i dont think it can touch opeth :)

Powerslave was their pinnacle...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

also... @Stormblast : Does ur friend have a website or something ? So that i can order online maybe...

Back