OC & Modding Post your Intel Core 2 Duo overclocks here

Re: Post Your Core 2 Duo Overclocks Here

Gamer X said:
E7400
Got it running @4Ghz ; Vcore : 1.348V on Intel Dp45sg mobo.

Sick stuff using an Intel motherboard! So all those hype probably related to Intel motherboards that it doesn't OC etc. are useless now? :p

Intel provide OCing options in BIOS only for high end mobo's.

People buy low end stuff and start rant.

Intel 975X mobo was decent.

:lol:

SidhuPunjab said:
Intel provide OCing options in BIOS only for high end mobo's.

People buy low end stuff and start rant.

Intel 975X mobo was decent.

Yup, i've just bought one Intel mobo till date. Dh965WH and its build quality was amazing. Intel mobos tend to be very stable and problemm free.

j1n M@tt said:
^^+1

they hav gud built quality than any other brand too.

Thanks m8. Thought of replacing mobo at one point after seeing "intel mobos cant oc and stuff like that" almost felt like a noob buying an intel mobo but after oc i'm pretty much impressed with the results. As said , overriding options only available in high end intel boards. It's a solid performer, pretty sure i can reach 4.2 but the crappy bios updates and lack of IDCC from intel worries me.

Gannu said:
Sick stuff using an Intel motherboard! So all those hype probably related to Intel motherboards that it doesn't OC etc. are useless now? :p

Here's my first Overclock

First my specs:Intel c2d e6600@3.52ghz 24x7 , biostar tpower i45 , corsair dominator 2x2gb 1066mhz

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2439/99383262.jpg

that's for 24x7 overclock idle temp 38 load 72 at stock cooling gonna buy a sccf soon and try for the elusive 4ghz.

the overclock fails to go over 475fsb even when i set multiplier to x6 or x7 .

this board is a record overclocker with fsbs over 550 seem a piece of cake.

guess i'll have to get a 45nm proc

guys also tell me whether i should run prime95 for 12 or 24 hr or is OCCT 1 hr test enough

OgAAAL7zn4v7o_dPl8zV4RTyuEQzFVRseNK.jpg

OgAAAL7zn4v7o_dPl8zV4RTyuEQzFVRseNK.jpg

Back