Powershell: Learning help required

ashish

Adept
Off late PS has been the tech word in IT esp. for support persons.
I work in support and want to learn PS as now its a mandate and asked by every smaller to big mncs irrespective of what your years of exp. is and what technologies you have. PS seems to have become a norm.

I have never ever scripted as never had to it never came in my carrier or college hence never bumped into it. I did tried long time ago for vb and java but the logics like arrays variables etc doesnt interests me.
I only know basic batch dos based scripting but I think batch days are done for good as PS replaced it all.

So for a noob into scripting can someone guide me where can I learn PS right from the basic to mid level. I at least would like to become expert in basic level before I move further. As they say half knowledge is way too dangerous & its better to stay illiterate.

I know you guys will point me to YT but seriously YT doesnt got that what I need. I need some initial spoon feeding brainstorming to get the very base basic Concepts right and clear before I move further rather than getting caught in something out of nowhere.

Have you thought about searching for and buying a book on powershell?
I already downloaded many well-known pdfs but they sound too boring to begin with stretched to 900 odd pages.
What I'm looking at is simple and straight forward without getting into any history chemistry and science. Something truly worthy.

I already downloaded many well-known pdfs but they sound too boring to begin with stretched to 900 odd pages.
What I'm looking at is simple and straight forward without getting into any history chemistry and science. Something truly worthy.

If even the basic YT vids can't help you then God help you.

Well the way I learnt it was I wanted to achieve something so I broke down the logic in smaller modular parts and learnt them one by one. One great help is looking at scripts or code written by other programmers on platform like GitHub and alike.

Back