Price Comparison of Prepaid Plans (2gb/day, 1gb/day) offered by different Network Operators

pratikk

Recruit
2GB/ DayJioAirtelViBSNL
365 Days2879299930991570
84 Days719839839599(5 GB/Day)
56 Days533549539347(54 Days)
28 Days222299499187
1.5GB/Day
365 DaysNANA2899NA
84 Days666666719NA
56 Days479479479395(1GB/Day)
28 Days239265(1GB/Day)299184(1GB/Day)
NA: Not Available but the closest plan is already in the 2GB/Day Section

Benefits worth mentioning:
365 Days:
Vi: 1 yr Disney + Hotstar(2GB/Day)

84 Days:
Airtel: 3 months subscription of Disney+ Hostar Mobile(2GB/Day)

28 Days:
Vi: 1 yr Disney + Hotstar(2GB/Day)

Common Benefits:
Vi: Free Data between 12 am – 6am, Weekend Data Rollover

Note: The Cheapest Price has been used for every pack.
Source: www.gadgets360.com

FYI for people who don't rely on mobile data all the time and use wifi mostly but need mobile data when they go outside for just Emails and messaging apps they can opt for cheaper yearly plans with fixed data quota.

For Airtel,
1672314483431.png

For Jio,
1672314533930.png

For Vi,
1672314600353.png

Remember when 1.5 GB/day plan cost 399 for 84 days? Whatever happened to those.

Jio's strategy absolutely destroyed cheap mobile plans and secondary numbers in India. For the last 2 years, I've been usong the annual plan with 24 GB data since I mostly work from home and hardly ever need mobile data.

Many people don't need 2 GB daily data either, just that myriad apps on your phone automatically consume like 500-600 MB per day.

Remember when 1.5 GB/day plan cost 399 for 84 days? Whatever happened to those.

Jio's strategy absolutely destroyed cheap mobile plans and secondary numbers in India. For the last 2 years, I've been usong the annual plan with 24 GB data since I mostly work from home and hardly ever need mobile data.

Many people don't need 2 GB daily data either, just that myriad apps on your phone automatically consume like 500-600 MB per day.
Agreed, they destroyed unlimited validity too. Now we have to recharge just to keep the number alive, jio promised on unlimited validity for their prime users and they took it back just like that.

On the same note anyone knows what's the cheapest network/plan to keep the number alive?

I keep getting free minutes/validity every few weeks on my Vi number. I haven't recharged it in years. When I get those free minutes I just make a call or two to keep the number active.

BSNL prepaid has different long term cheaper plans when you are grace period 1 and Grace period 2 instead of regular recharges before validity expiration

₹99 plan has changed to ₹153 or something like that.
Is it really?
You get 99 INR talktime. Calls @ 2.5p/sec which means you can talk only for 66 minutes in a month (28 days actually) and you get only 200MB data for that period.
Now you if make calls only worth about an hour in a month then sure go for it.

For me personally, it's more expensive than the 1/2GB per day plans on the basis of value.

So it seems Airtel re-introduced the ₹99 plan. It was removed for sure and was replaced by a higher value top-up and it got a lot of flak for the same.
The 99 plan is mostly for those who want to port out and don't want to pay a huge recharge.

Agreed, they destroyed unlimited validity too. Now we have to recharge just to keep the number alive, jio promised on unlimited validity for their prime users and they took it back just like that.

On the same note anyone knows what's the cheapest network/plan to keep the number alive?
If you are concerned with only keeping number alive and incoming sms and calls then jio is best bet. I have multiple jio sims with no recharges done for months or may be year also. They work perfectly fine.

Just make sure, there is always incoming traffic on them once in a while. I have such 'no recharged idle number' set for banks. So all otps i get on that number only.

If you are concerned with only keeping number alive and incoming sms and calls then jio is best bet. I have multiple jio sims with no recharges done for months or may be year also. They work perfectly fine.

Just make sure, there is always incoming traffic on them once in a while. I have such 'no recharged idle number' set for banks. So all otps i get on that number only.
How? In my jio number I used to get calls from their cc to recharge or they'll be disconnecting it.

How? In my jio number I used to get calls from their cc to recharge or they'll be disconnecting it.
just reply to them that you will recharge them. I also get such calls. But never recharged so far. And i observed i get calls from them only on sim which has no incoming traffic. Sim on which i get bank sms and calls, i rarely get calls from jio cc to recharge.

Back