Price idea for a V series 32 incher?

m47r1m

Adept
Hi guys I have decided to get a Sony V series 32 incher. I did have afew questions for it.

I will be getting it from gaffar market in Delhi, is there a reliable shop you guys can suggest?

Also what would be a good price to pay? I know stuff should be cheaper in the grey market but I dont really have any idea of the price diferance.

Thanks

I did suggest a Samsung. Its picture quality is better than Sony(I know most Indians dont beleive it). All that is left to Sony is the name. To check my claim tune to any channel with face close ups, and remove the notion that sony is best.

you will see skin tones are more natural, brighter and vivid on a samsung. On a sony they will be more reddish. My neighbour had a sony LCD and he he always had trouble contolling the colour saturation on it. If he wants it to be brightly coloured then the faces look so very red and ifhe turns the color saturation down a bit, the skin tones okays but the overall colour saturation drops.

I never had any such problems on my TV. Its been with me for about a year and no problems. even i was almost decided to buy a Sony, but the sales guy was very knowledgeale and showed me the difference. He also said that on a philips you will notice whites with a hint of blue and that is true as well.

And why buy from the grey marked, what about after sales support ? How do you know its not a refurbished one. Replacement panels are cheap to procure.

Just be careful !

ElectroManiac said:
I did suggest a Samsung. Its picture quality is better than Sony(I know most Indians dont beleive it). All that is left to Sony is the name. To check my claim tune to any channel with face close ups, and remove the notion that sony is best.

you will see skin tones are more natural, brighter and vivid on a samsung. On a sony they will be more reddish. My neighbour had a sony LCD and he he always had trouble contolling the colour saturation on it. If he wants it to be brightly coloured then the faces look so very red and ifhe turns the color saturation down a bit, the skin tones okays but the overall colour saturation drops.

I never had any such problems on my TV. Its been with me for about a year and no problems. even i was almost decided to buy a Sony, but the sales guy was very knowledgeale and showed me the difference. He also said that on a philips you will notice whites with a hint of blue and that is true as well.

And why buy from the grey marked, what about after sales support ? How do you know its not a refurbished one. Replacement panels are cheap to procure.

Just be careful !

well both use the same panel,the difference is sony produces deeper blacks then samsung.while samsung 2007 32inch models had a bit washed out colors due to the extensive use of CMO panels,nowdays samsung uses more of spva panels since they increased their lcd panel production.a majority want agree with u about samsung natural colors.

ElectroManiac said:

Just be careful !

Fair points. I am actually considering the Samsung 32 R81 as an alternative if the price differance is good.

I dont mind buying one from grey, from what I have read most LCDs dont need repairs in the first year and the price differance is big enough for me to think even if it needs repair it should be still a good deal.

m47r1m said:
Fair points. I am actually considering the Samsung 32 R81 as an alternative if the price differance is good.

I dont mind buying one from grey, from what I have read most LCDs dont need repairs in the first year and the price differance is big enough for me to think even if it needs repair it should be still a good deal.

well just check for dead pixels and u should be fine after that,well in lcds the electronics can go wrong which can be repairable in authorised service center,samsung service guy told me that they will just replace the entire PCB of the faulty area.do give u an example in a 22inch lcd monitor the PCB costs 4k.so yes the price difference made me buy my lcd in grey.

Back