All OS Privacy and smartphone | Data our phone sends every 5 minutes to Apple or Google

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Found an interesting video,

Although nothing new, as even our dumb phones 15years back, used to send data like mobile number, IMEI and location to ISPs.
But the way these data are used against humanity now a days for behaviour modelling is terrible.

What's the most secure phone available today which can turn off location, wifi, etc with hardware buttons?
There was some company making such laptop..yes Purism!!

What's the most secure phone available today which can turn off location, wifi, etc with hardware buttons?
There was some company making such laptop..yes Purism!!
Not sure what device you're talking about but there's the PinePhone for those seriously concerned about privacy.
In other news, my Chinese phone automatically uninstalled NetGuard without any warning about a week after I installed it. It also refuses to connect to internet if I use 1.1.1.1 or Proton VPN. Honestly can't wait to switch over to an iPhone just purely because of privacy nightmares (and once enough vitamin M is on hand), and will relegate this Vivo V15 Pro to be used as an offline music player.
And yes Apple is not much better than Android, but it's still the lesser of 2 evils at least.

In other news, my Chinese phone automatically uninstalled NetGuard without any warning about a week after I installed it. It also refuses to connect to internet if I use 1.1.1.1 or Proton VPN.
Woah! This is news for me. I have observed the Oppo brand phones eg my sister's Realme to be quite aggressive with their OS settings. Very odd, they revert to their own settings even if I change them.

Though I am running Proton VPN quite easily on my Poco Phone but I am on Lineage OS for quite some time and didn't try it on MIUI so can't comment about miui.

Not sure what device you're talking about but there's the PinePhone for those seriously concerned about privacy.
In other news, my Chinese phone automatically uninstalled NetGuard without any warning about a week after I installed it. It also refuses to connect to internet if I use 1.1.1.1 or Proton VPN. Honestly can't wait to switch over to an iPhone just purely because of privacy nightmares (and once enough vitamin M is on hand), and will relegate this Vivo V15 Pro to be used as an offline music player.
And yes Apple is not much better than Android, but it's still the lesser of 2 evils at least.
I have pine phone. it has physical switches to turn off wifi etc… came with kde plasma ui which is pathetic. might try ubuntu touch because people said it is good.
this phone is actually really cool because you can just connect over ssh and configure it as you want. run pi hole like software or configure very tight iptables rules etc… shame i dont have enough time to experiment with it.

Data collection isn't new , been there since ages and will be there no matter what.

But what came to mind was , how about custom roms , I used to use custom roms till like 4 years and then stopped totally .
I use an iPhone now and a secondary phone on zenfone m1 on which o unlocked the bootloader and installed a custom rom ans using all my banking apps and stuff over it.

Can I find out what info this rom may be sharing ???!

I do use a pihole at home though .

Woah! This is news for me. I have observed the Oppo brand phones eg my sister's Realme to be quite aggressive with their OS settings. Very odd, they revert to their own settings even if I change them.

Though I am running Proton VPN quite easily on my Poco Phone but I am on Lineage OS for quite some time and didn't try it on MIUI so can't comment about miui.

WTF! I didn't think even Mi was that bad...

In other news, my Chinese phone automatically uninstalled NetGuard without any warning about a week after I installed it. It also refuses to connect to internet if I use 1.1.1.1 or Proton VPN.
Holy sh*t what?

I'm looking to change my phone and the most China I'm ready to go is Motorola. Otherwise my options are Asus, Google, or Samsung. I seriously hate mobile market. :banghead:

I have seen some people using vpn for personal facebook profile (doesn't make any sense) and vpn in chrome where the person is already logged in via his google account. VPN only makes sense (in terms of privacy) if the social profile itself is anonymous or the browser used has no google log ins otherwise only information hidden is the location and that too from ISP only. Social networks and google has other ways to figure out our location without location data. Also what is the point of pine phone when isp's already know our address, live location, calls and sms records. Lastly, how to protect privacy if someone uses social networks, google and Shopping websites? Even if I use a VPN still Amazon knows my address, google also knows a lot about me and If I opt out I loose maps and Youtube suggestions which is even worse.

Yea these Chinese Android skins' settings are quite aggressive, and they will take every chance possible to restore them to what they want to be. I have to switch off lockscreen display wallpapers on an almost daily basis, because every time I accidentally swip on the lockscreen it just enables it, and I have to manually switch it off every time.
Holy sh*t what?

I'm looking to change my phone and the most China I'm ready to go is Motorola. Otherwise my options are Asus, Google, or Samsung. I seriously hate mobile market. :banghead:
And as for Netguard, I couldn't even see the complete list of installed apps. Preinstalled non-Google OEM apps (Albums, Calculator, Browser etc) weren't available to toggle their firewall settings at all in Netguard. I could only change settings for GAPPs, installed apps and some Google services. And a few days ago I noticed that the "VPN" symbol in taskbar has disappeared, and then I see there is no Netguard in the app drawer anymore ._.
Even when I used Netguard, and now back to 1.1.1.1, I have to keep switching it on and off intermittently or else I lose access to internet. This is clearly a phone problem since internet connectivity is restored as soon as I switch off Netguard/1.1.1.1, and no other device has this problem on my network. And this disconnection happens only with VPN services installed. We're all being taken for a ride by these Chinese phone data harvesting companies
WTF! I didn't think even Mi was that bad...
All of them are the same, be it Mi or Google or Apple. Mi phones have double whammy of both Mi and Google XD

Back