Monitors Problem with 19 inch Viewsonic 19 inch LCD

cricfan

Adept
top one cm portion of the display is displaying colors porperly....it shows white lines and some times discolorations when playing games and watching movies...it is fine when normal desktop is on....this LCD was brought 2 weeks ago...what cud b wrong...tried it with different grafix cards...same problem..

what is the RMA process like for Viewsonic...is it as good as Dell( :p )....how long will it take approx to get it back...Bangalore guys..if possible can u give me the address/phone numbers...

i had a similar problem with my vx 1932wm.
upper half of the screen has discoloration.
got it replaced with vx 1940wm after 4 months.

^BTW i had written a letter to Core cell and was asked to wait for 21 days. The replacement happened withn 21 days. To confirm whether the replacement was a effect of the complaint,i asked the service center guys and they told me that the company has provided replacements to clear all pending cases.
So coudnt find out if the letter to core cell worked or not..

Also viewsonic LCDs are great.. maybe equal if not better to Dell .... as long as u dont get any problem with it.

VX1940 has a good contrast ratio ... clearly noticed it once plugged into my cpu..

Black levels r a lot better thn my old vx1932... dark scenes are really good to watch..

Checked out the colour and pic quality by watching Iron man...explosion scenes looked very well detailed and also no blurring on fast scenes.

It has one of the best specifications in its class
i.e 1680 x 1050 resolution
3000:1 contrast ratio
2ms response

hope nothing goes wrong with this one *touchwood*

Back